4-Day Tour of Central and Southern Taiwan from Taipei Including Kaohsiung and Sun Moon Lake
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Breakfast included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
The next day, travel through small and big towns on the way to Lukang, a small urban township, where you’ll take a walking tour to visit extravagant temples with your guide. Stay overnight in a quaint garden villa and then journey to Kenting National Park for a walking tour, enjoying gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean, Taiwan Strait and Luzon Strait on the way.
On your fourth day, take a coach tour of Kaohsiung’s top attractions, like the former British Consulate and the Spring and Autumn Pavilions, a Taoist temple complex by Lotus Lake. You’ll then head back to Taipei via coach or the express train, depending on the size of your group.
You’ll stay in comfortable accommodations and enjoy transportation to and from all site locations. Daily breakfasts are included, and for lunch and dinner, your guide will provide suggestions on great local places to eat (own expense). The time for meals is flexible and is based on your group’s sightseeing schedule.
For details on each day of the tour, see the Itinerary section below.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Shared hotel room with two single/twin beds in 4-star hotels; two people per room
Private hotel room with two single/twin beds in 4-star hotels; one person per room
Kentine National Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Site visits per itinerary
- Professional English-speaking guide
- 3 nights accommodation in 4-star hotel and villas
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach or train
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Standard hotel rooms in Taiwan contain either two single/twin beds or a double bed fit for two people. Twin-Share Accommodation is for two people per standard room (traveling parties are booked in the same room); Private Accommodation is for one person in a standard room.
- For traveling parties with an odd number of individuals, either three people will be placed in a triple (three twin/single beds) or one person will be placed in a twin-share with another traveler or in private single room (at an additional cost), depending on availability
After pickup from your Taipei hotel, your guide will drive you by comfortable, air-conditioned coach to Puli in the county of Nantou. Stop at the Guangxing Paper Factory for a guided tour to learn about the elaborate process of making paper.
Continue your drive to Sun Moon Lake. As you travel through the scenic area around the lake, admire views of boats docked by the pier and listen to your guide’s informative commentary on sites you pass such as Tehua Village, a village of aboriginal people. Step off the bus for short stops at Wenwu Temple, Tse-En Pagoda and Holy Monk Shrine, among others.
Head to your hotel and enjoy its extensive facilities before spending the night.
Overnight: Hotel Del Lago (rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor) or similar near Sun Moon Lake
Day 2: Sun Moon Lake - Lukang – Kaohsiung (B)
After breakfast, board the bus for a 1-hour drive past small and big towns and valleys on the way to Lukang, a small urban township. Hop off the bus for a guided walking tour of the old town to visit extravagant Tianhou Temple and Lung Shan Temple, both boasting a large number of halls dedicated to folk deities.
Afterward, board the bus or train (subject to availability) for a scenic 3-hour drive through the Taiwan countryside to Kaohsiung.
Overnight: 4-star garden villa or similar in Kaohsiung
Day 3: Kaohsiung – Kenting National Park -- Kaohsiung (B)
After breakfast in your garden villa, board your coach for a 1.5- to 2-hour journey to Kenting National Park, Taiwan’s southernmost park, and enjoy gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean, Taiwan Strait, Luzon Strait and the surrounding plains on the way.
Drive through the park and make stops at several places including the Oluanpi Lighthouse and Maobitou, where you can explore by foot with your guide. Afterward, you’ll be dropped off at your hotel in Kaohsiung.
Overnight: 4-star garden villa or similar in Kaohsiung
Day 4: Kaohsiung -- Taipei (B)
Start your day with breakfast and then see Kaohsiung’s top attractions on a coach tour. Hop off and walk around with your guide at several stops, like the site of the former British Consulate and the Spring and Autumn Pavilions, a Taoist temple complex by Lotus Lake.
Then, explore the area around Chengching Lake, an artificial lake that is a large water source for the region, and see gorgeous pagodas and other recreational areas.
After a full day of sightseeing, you will either board your coach to return to Taipei or you will be taken to the Kaohsiung Station for a return trip to Taipei on the express train. Upon arrival, you’ll be driven back to your Taipei hotel.
Reviewed by: Mary B, October 2014
There was a cancellation on the 5 day tour of Taiwan so I upgraded.
The tour was absolutely wonderful. The guide was very informative and on some of the longer journeys we were shown very interesting DVDs about Taiwan.
The driver was very helpful.
The hotels were outstanding, a pity we couldn't spend more time in them!!
I loved it!
Reviewed by: Daniel P, USA, August 2014
David and Billy Wong are great guides, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. These guys both found small local vendors where we could really experience the Taiwan charm and goodness. Include the Bullet Train from Kaohsiung to Taipei as an item in the package. The bullet train was amazing.