Private Tour: Peter and Paul Fortress in St Petersburg
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Head inside and start exploring, learning about the impressive building’s history. The oldest structure in St Petersburg, the fortress was built in the 1700s to defend against an invasion by the Swedes. The attack never came, and the site went on to be used as a prison until as recently as 1917.
Visit Trubetskoy Bastion, one of the old prison blocks, and hear how it served as the main political prison of the Russian Empire as well as a torture chamber for the secret services. Whereas it once symbolized political repression, the building is now a museum that charts the history of its former inmates. Browse the exhibits with your guide as you walk around.
Continue to the Russian Orthodox Peter and Paul Cathedral, and marvel at its Baroque interior – a standout feature that sets it apart from the city’s other Orthodox cathedrals. Look up toward the bell tower and visit the tombs of emperors and eminent Russians like Tsar Peter the Great.
After exploring the fortress and its various sites, return to your minivan and travel back to your hotel where your tour ends.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Peter and Paul Fortress Private Tour from St Petersburg
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private minivan
- Professional guide
- Entrance price to the fortress
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes