Assisi and Cortona Day Trip from Siena
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
After your tour, relax with some free time in the town to do as you please. Perhaps find a piazza-side café for lunch (own expense) or stroll around the narrow lanes admiring the sun-bleached stone buildings. Meet back up with your guide at a pre-arranged time to leave Cortona by coach.
Continue your tour traveling south into Umbria to visit Assisi, an enchantingly beautiful hill town, best known for its links to St Francis – a wealthy merchant’s son who chose to embrace poverty and preach on the streets of the town.
Follow in St Francis’ footsteps on a walking tour around Assisi, ambling along winding streets and alleyways and ending up in the spectacular Basilica di San Francesco. See both the upper and lower basilicas -- one lavishly ornate and the other minimalistic and sober in line with St Francis’ teachings. The church is also famous for its Giotto frescoes, and your guide will point out these medieval depictions of St Francis’ life in the town. Finish your afternoon in Assisi with a visit to Santa Maria degli Angeli Church -- a little-known place where St Francis is said to have realized his vocation.
Return to your coach for the journey back through the picturesque Tuscan hills to Siena, where you'll arrive in the late afternoon.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Assis and Contona Tour from Siena
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees: Basilica di San Francesco, Basilica di Santa Chiara and Santa Maria degli Angeli Church
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Walking tour of Cortona (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please note that a fair amount of walking is involved
Reviewed by: Maria L, October 2014
My husband and I enjoyed the tour. It was well organized, picked us up at our hotel on time and the tour guides were very personable, accomodating and knowledgeable I lost my iphone and the tour guides and the dispatcher as well very supportive and accomodating. I would highly recommend to use "Viator"
Reviewed by: Barbara M, October 2015
A good tour.