Small-Group Walking Tour of Shanghai's Jewish Ghetto
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10am tour departure
2pm tour departure
- Small-group walking tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to sites listed in itinerary
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking; tour must be booked at least 2 days in advance
- Tour operates with a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 10
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Reviewed by: Leonard I. L, May 2014
We were delighted with our guide Annie, and if anyone wants a reference we cannot speak highly enough of her. Her English and enthusiasm were excellent and she even emailed us photos. Annie made this tour one of the highlights of our trip! Len and Deanna Levin.
Reviewed by: Anne R, April 2014
Walking around the area of Hongkou is so interesting because of it's history in relation to Jewish refugees and because it gives you an insight into life in the suburbs in Shanghai today. Prior to meeting our tour guide, Annie, we had some time to spare so we wandered around the area a little by ourselves. The people of the area are friendly and didn't seem to mind us stopping and watching them go about their daily lives. When we met Annie, we knew we had hit the jackpot! Annie is everything you want in a tour guide. She was knowledgeable about the area and it's history, interested in us as her clients and willing to fit in with what things we were interested in seeing.
We loved the Jewish architecture of Hongkou, the beautiful park Annie took us to and the Jewish heritage Museum. Annie also took us to a temple and explained many aspects of the Buddhist faith while we were walking through it.
The professionalism of the company who runs the tour was also to be applauded. When i contacted their office in Shanghai the day before the tour, they forwarded to me by e-mail, detailed directions to get to the meeting place and even called Annie at the end of the tour to speak with us and find out our thoughts. I would highly recommend this tour. It demonstrates a side of Shanghai and it's people that I don't think many people are aware of.