Small-Group Colonial Walking Tour: Shanghai French Concession
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
Learn about the history of this area, which was owned by the French government and served as the center of Catholicism in Shanghai. Hear about the cultural, social and political transitions that took place here, and visit Xin Tian Di, the site of the First Conference of the Communist Party.
Visit a beautiful French-style park and the former residence of Zhou Enlai, the first Premier of the People's Republic of China. As you stroll through streets filled with lovely apartments and villas from the early 1900s -- homes of both locals and many expatriates -- your guide will point out how this area retains its distinct French character.
Veer off the main streets and venture along back alleys for a glimpse of small-town Shanghai life. Reach Shanghai's interesting SOHO area, where you will have the opportunity to rest and explore Tianzifang, an arts and crafts enclave full of designer stores, restaurants and coffee shops. Your tour will end here.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10am tour departure
USD $49.99Pricing details
2pm tour departure
USD $49.99Pricing details
Shanghai French Concession
- Small-group walking tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to sites listed in itinerary
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking; tour must be booked at least 2 days in advance
- Tour operates with a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 10
- Meeting point is subject to change. Please confirm with your tour operator at least 24 hours prior to departure time
Reviewed by: CHRISTOPHER B, August 2015
This was an excellent tour and provided the detail I was looking for.
Our tour leader was knowledgeable and she was able to explain clearly .
I recommend this tour to those who seek a detailed tour of the Former French Concession. You will not find better.
Reviewed by: Liliya B, June 2015
It was nice and informative. I liked it.