San Francisco Urban Hike: Coit Tower, Lombard Street and North Beach
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Then, go where few tours can, as you ascend to the top of Telegraph Hill to admire Coit Tower, the 210-foot (64-meter) art deco tower, one of San Francisco’s best-known landmarks. From this vantage point, take in a commanding view of San Francisco, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, Pier 39 and more.
Continue on to Jack Early Park, a very tiny lookout at the top of a hidden staircase, and take in views of Alcatraz and Pier 39. Next, it’s time to visit the Russian Hill neighborhood and walk up the famous curvy section of Lombard Street that is commonly referred to as the world’s crookedest street.
Throughout your tour, your knowledgeable guide will share facts about the sights you see and historical anecdotes. You’ll also see some pop culture landmarks, such as Macondray Lane, which was the inspiration for Barbary Lane in Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City novels, and Saints Peter and Paul Church, where Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio had their wedding photos taken.
Soak up the atmosphere of North Beach, San Francisco’s Italian neighborhood, before ending your 5-mile urban hike by descending the Greenwich Steps back to your starting point.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 9:30am
USD $45.00Pricing details
Tour departs at 1:30pm
USD $45.00Pricing details
Take in spectacular views from San Francisco's famous Lombard Street
- Professional guide
- Narrated city hiking tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Coit Tower elevator
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Due to the distance and intensity of the hike, this tour is not recommended for children 12 years and younger
- Tour runs rain or shine. If it is raining and you would prefer not to attend, you may reschedule or request a refund
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots and dressing in layers is recommended
- Bringing water is recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: neiva c, September 2014
was great !!
Reviewed by: Elizabeth R, July 2014
What a wonderful way to see San Francisco, it's a strenuous walk but Alex made sure there were plenty of breaks to take photos and catch our breath. The size of the group made it easy to accommodate everyone's tastes and interests. I would certainly do more walks around the city.