Vatican VIP Experience: Exclusive Breakfast at the Vatican with Early Access to Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
Numbers are limited to 16 people on this small-group Vatican tour, ensuring you’ll see the incredible artwork with personalized attention from your guide.
- Breakfast included
- Exclusive to Viator
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Skip the line
- Small-group tour
Sit down outside and dine on an Italian-American breakfast of pastries, meats, cheeses, eggs, and even pancakes – flipped in front of you by a pancake chef! Savor the food with a coffee or fresh orange juice and soak up the peaceful ambiance of the Vatican free from the crowds!
After enjoying your relaxing start to your day, your guide will lead you back inside the Vatican Museum complex for your tour. At this point, members of the public are still not allowed inside, so there will only be a few other pre-booked tour groups exploring the museum alongside your small group of 16 – giving you plenty of space to enjoy the artwork.
The Vatican Museum complex is staggeringly huge, so your guide will show off its best bits on your 2.5-hour tour. Explore the Gallery of Maps to see intricately detailed maps, and gaze at visual illusions aplenty in the Gallery of Tapestries. Marvel at Renaissance frescoes in the interconnecting chambers that comprise Raphael’s Rooms, and then get ready for the glory of the Sistine Chapel.
As the pope’s private place of worship, the Sistine Chapel echoes with a sacred ambiance, made even more special by the incredible artwork that adorns the walls and ceiling. Hear the history and theories of Michelangelo’s famous frescoes from outside, and then head inside to gaze at The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgement on your own.
Your Vatican tour finishes with a skip-the-line visit to St Peter’s Basilica – the home of the Catholic Church – where more artistic treats await. Head inside via a reserved entranceway, and admire Michelangelo’s La Pieta sculpture, as well as Bernini’s Baldachino canopy, while hearing their history. You can then stay inside St Peter’s Basilica if you wish, after your tour ends.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica
- Buffet breakfast inside the Vatican Museums
- 2.5-hour tour of the Vatican Museums
- Small-group walking tour
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Pre-booking this tour enables you to skip the long lines, which can take up to two hours, to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point; expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you will spend a full 3 hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will list affected dates as they become available. When possible, your tour guide will notify you if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed at the start of the tour. It is beyond our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- If there is bad weather on the day of your tour, your breakfast will be served inside the restaurant, in the Pinecone Courtyard
- St Peter's Basilica, the grottos and the dome: After the tour, you may visit these attractions on your own. Your tour will end at the front of St Peter's Basilica, which is a very convenient location to leave for lunch, visit the Vatican bookstore, visit the Vatican post office, enter St Peter's Basilica, continue to the grottos below St Peter's or climb to the dome. Your tour guide will be happy to point you in the right direction!
- Tours departing Wednesday: There is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please DO NOT select Wednesday as your travel date
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering Vatican Museum. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour
Reviewed by: diana.green_davy, May 2015
The early morning was a challenge but worth it as we did manage to miss the crowds for the early part of the tour. The breakfast in the Pine Courtyard was a nice idea in a superb setting but a bit chilly at 7 am on a mid April morning. The tour itself was exceptional, mainly due to our guide, Rachel. She has an impressive knowledge especially of the Vatican museum and its exhibits and managed to find quiet room where she could talk to us away from the crowds. St Peter's was busy but Rachel managed to keep us all together... And enthralled.
Reviewed by: Sarah S, May 2015
This tour was fantastic. The meeting place was easy to find and the tour was very well organised. Our guide Dario was brilliant, he gave us so much information and kept us all interested and entertained. The audio equipment was great and we could hear every word. We went first to the gardens for breakfast, the gardens are beautiful and you have time to relax and take in the surroundings. It was great to have a look around without any crowds. The breakfast was not brilliant as everything was pretty much cold but this was not why we went at this time, i think it would be better if they stuck to a cold buffet with hot drinks.
The Vatican is amazing and we started our tour without any crowds. Dario explained everything for us and pointed out information that we would not have known. He made sure that everyone had time to see what they wanted to see and had time for pictures. The Sistine Chapel was awesome, unfortunately there were people talking and taking pictures which is not allowed, this spoilt our time in there a little as we would have liked to feel more of the emotion from the room. We finished off in St Peters Basilica and wow this place is astounding, the feel is totally overwhelming. The scale of it is just amazing. Dario pointed out as much information as he could which was great. When the tour had finished Dario made sure we all had the information we needed to proceed on our own. We decided to climb the tower to the top and wow, what a view. Make sure you don't miss this. We also visited the gift shop and also posted a card back home from The Vatican. I would highly recommend this tour as you will find out so much more information than you would doing it on your own and the early start means that you avoid any queues. The rest of the day is yours to carry on exploring. Our tour did run over time but Dario kept a check on everyone and he didn't rush which was great. Thank you Dario for an amazing time. We would love to do this again