Vatican Gardens and Vatican Museums Tour
Numbers are limited to 16 people on this unique Vatican tour, to ensure better personal service and the opportunity to see the very best of the Vatican.
- Excellent value for money
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Likely to Sell Out
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Skip the line
- Small group ensures personal service
Stroll around with your guide, admiring highlights like the Our Lady of Lourdes grotto – a favorite prayer spot of Pope Francis and his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI – while learning about the gardens’ history. Dating back to the 13th century, the site started as a simple fruit orchard but was extended to a more lavish standard by subsequent papal generations.
After spending roughly 1.5 hours inside the gardens, head inside the Vatican Museums. Marvel at the Bramante Staircase – a sloping spiral structure carved from stone by Renaissance architect Donato Bramante – and then wander around rooms like the Gallery of Tapestries.
Hear tales of Renaissance artists favored by the Vatican like Raphael, and admire incredible Flemish tapestries that were designed by his pupils. Step inside the Gallery of Maps, and gaze in wonder at detailed fresco maps of 16th-century Italy.
Continue to the Sistine Chapel, the pope’s private place of worship, to see some of the most influential works of art in the Western world. Panel paintings by the likes of Botticelli and Perugino are incredible but pale in comparison to Michelangelo’s attention-grabbing twosome: the Creation of Adam and The Last Judgement.
Finish your tour with a walk around St Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican’s magnificent domed church. After marveling at Michelangelo’s La Pietà and a memorial to Pope John Paul, bid your guide goodbye and exit into St Peter’s Square.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee
- Walking tour
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Pre-booking this tour enables you to skip the long lines, which can take up to two hours, to enter the Vatican Museums. All visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point; expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour
- It is forbidden to pick the flowers or plants inside the gardens
- In case of unexpected closing of the gardens by Vatican security, the tour will just visit the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
Reviewed by: David R, October 2014
Excellent tour. It's actually very good value for money as you miss all queues, get to see parts of the Vatican that aren't accessable without being on a tour and learn a lot on your way round. Tour guide was a bit 'no nonsense' but I liked that as the museum was just so big, you had to prioritise what to see as you would be there literally all day otherwise.
A bit of chaos before the tour began as viator have a few different guides running at the same time, so there was a bit of confusion as to who we needed to see, but overal a great experience.
Recommended though, especially for the Vatican gardens.
Reviewed by: Khayam R, September 2014
This tour was amazing! The tour guide was really nice and ver knowledgable , highly recommend