Small-Group Rome Food Walking Tour: Trastevere, Campo de' Fiori and Jewish Ghetto
Numbers are limited to 15 on this small-group walking tour ensuring you’ll experience everything with personalized attention from your guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
First stop is Campo de' Fiori to explore its famous food market – popular with locals and tourists alike. Browse the heaving market stalls with your guide, admiring artistically arranged stands of vegetables, cheeses and meats, while soaking up the market’s friendly ambiance. Your guide will introduce you to some of the traders here, who’ll happily let you sample some of their high-quality offerings.
A large concentration of the capital’s restaurants and bars are found in the picturesque cobblestone streets of Trastevere – a vibrant neighborhood where bustling eateries spill outside into its pretty piazzas. On a stroll through this eclectic end of town, your guide will show off some of the local’s firm favorites -- sample a classic Roman pasta dish inside a top restaurant and then stop at a café to try out the best pizza bianca (tomato-free pizza) in town. Taste fresh mozzarella with locally cured salami, and then stop at Fata Margana gelaterie for an artisan gelato – the Italian’s far superior answer to ice cream!
Continue your tour through Rome’s Jewish Ghetto, an equally bohemian neighborhood -- just south of the city’s historic center. Hunt out the ghetto’s most popular delicatessens and grocery stores that are peppered throughout the streets, sandwiched between interesting artisan studios and vintage shops. Try suppli – every Roman’s favorite fried risotto ball – and then sample some of the staples of Italian Jewish cuisine, like fried artichokes and codfish in Piazza della Cinque Scole.
After discovering the best foodie haunts around Trastevere, Campo de' Fiori and the Jewish Ghetto, your tour ends in San Cosimato Square (Trastevere).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10.30am Departure English
Tour departs at 10:30am
4pm Departure English
Tour departs at 4pm.
5pm Departure English
Tour departs at 5pm
10am Departure German
Tour departs at 10am
Campo de Fiori Market
- Local guide
- Visit to Campo de' Fiori Market, Trastevere and the Jewish Ghetto
- Samples of Italian food
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Unfortunately special dietary requests cannot be catered for on this tour
- The market visit is not included in the afternoon tour. If you select this option, you will have some free time to browse the local shops instead
Reviewed by: Julie P, October 2015
Great tour - well worth it ! Learnt a lot about the history of Rome as well.
Reviewed by: rick, October 2015
oh what an experience so glad we did this tour so informative