Christian Rome Afternoon Tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Next, you'll proceed along the ancient Appian Way, passing the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis before arriving at the Catacombs, the ancient underground cemeteries and hiding places of the Christians. A visit will be made to either the Catacombs of San Callisto, Santa Domitilla or San Sebastiano, depending on seasonal conditions. The tour ends with a spectacular view of the Baths of Emperor Caracalla.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
A view of Rome, with Santa Maria Maggiore
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There can be a considerable amount of walking on Rome tours, (often on uneven, cobbled surfaces) due to coach regulations. It is possible for clients to remain on the coach, however this means that many of the sights will be missed.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
Reviewed by: Peter, November 2014
Outstanding and uplifting tour. Our guide was knowledgeable and allowed us time to take everything in.
Reviewed by: JANEEN M, November 2014
Excellent guide, Chiarra..........My husband and I loved this tour. Great to see the catacombs and also the beautiful basilica of St. John of Lateran and Santa Maria de Maggoria. Our guide was very imformative and we especially loved the tour company pickup at the hotel and drop off very near our hotel when the tour was over.