Wine Country Tour by Horse and Carriage
- Editor's Pick
- Free drinks included
- Small-group tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
The wineries visited are family-owned gems with award-winning wines, distinctive architecture and intriguing histories. You’ll be offered premium tastings of diverse varietals, such as crisp sauvignon blancs and buttery chardonnays, spicy old-vine zinfandels and hearty cabernet sauvignons, all served with a casual and gracious hospitality. Gourmet snacks are provided to enjoy along the way, including locally sourced organic cheese and apples, seeded bread sticks, herbed nuts and dark chocolate. Non-spill wine cups are available to keep the party going while on the trail!
The carriage has cushioned seats and provides a smooth, comfortable ride with a fringed shade top. You can even reach out and pick grapes from the vines along the narrow lanes without spilling a drop from your wine glass! Your coachman guide is informative and entertaining, with an insider’s view of local history, little-known facts, the life cycle of the vines and the winemaking process. The gentle steeds are the charismatic stars of the tour, and spending time with them will delight your soul and is sure to be a highlight of your vacation.
This is more than a wine tour. It’s a romantic and thrilling adventure with an intimate backstage look into the world of California wine!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Wine cave tour with expert guide
- Gourmet snacks and spring water
- Wine tasting at Alexander Valley Vineyard, Hanna Winery and Soda Rock Winery
- Carriage ride
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wine-tasting fees at Hanna Winery ($10) and Soda Rock Winery ($5) - waived with wine purchase
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Sensible footwear recommended
Reviewed by: Sandra, October 2014
Great way to spend an afternoon. Would highly recommend considering this.
Reviewed by: Martha M, September 2014
An incredible tour and experience! The wine carriage is fantastic; the horses, Cody and Shayanne make the ride so pleasant.