Experience the Sonoma wine region in a unique way – on the Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley. Jump aboard this historical replica of a San Francisco cable car and grab a seat on a special wine tasting adventure you will never forget. This open-air trolley will let you experience the picturesque vineyards like no other tour. On this tour, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will take you to four family-owned wineries for tastings. You will visit Sonoma's top historic landmarks and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch during one of the scenic stops.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Editor's Pick
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
Your day in California wine country starts as you hop aboard the Sonoma Wine Trolley, modeled after the famous historical cable cars of San Francisco. Enjoy the breeze as your knowledgeable tour guide whisks you off to four outstanding Sonoma-area wineries, known for both their wines and their hospitality.
Each wine tasting takes place in a private setting, where your own representatives at each winery will explain the different varietals you’ll sample and the background of the wineries (wine tasting fees are not included and you can expect fees of $5 to $10).
There will be wonderful photo opportunities on this tour and your friendly guide will be happy to take a photo or two of your group so you can document your memorable day in wine country.
In addition to your live guide, a local historian and actor, George Webber, provides the recorded narration of the Sonoma Wine Country Trolley. Between winery stops, enjoy his upbeat, whimsical commentary and stories as you travel through California's early history. Some of the historic landmarks you’ll see on the tour include:
• The Sonoma and Swiss hotels
• General Vallejo's Soldier Barracks
• Mission San Francisco Solano (Sonoma Mission)
• Blue Wing Inn
• Bear Flag Monument
• General Vallejo's Home and State Park
• Sonoma Development Center
• Town of Glen Ellen
Enjoy lunch in a hidden-gem location, which may be among a vineyard, on a garden terrace or in a wine cellar, depending on the weather. Indulge in a picnic catered by Sonoma’s famous The Girl & the Fig restaurant, four-star rated on OpenTable and Yelp. Their delicious and hearty lunches are served family style, allowing everyone to pick and choose from a variety of sandwiches, side salads and desserts. Bottled water is included.
Sonoma Wine Country Trolley Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Sonoma Plaza or selected downtown Sonoma hotels. This tour does NOT include pickup from San Francisco.
• Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn - 9:30am
• Sonoma Valley Inn (Best Western) - 9:45am
• The Lodge at Sonoma - 10:00am
• MacArthur Place - 10:15am
• Sonoma Plaza (front of City Hall) - 10:30am
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sonoma Wine Country Trolley Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Wine tasting fees at each winery ($10-$15 at each winery)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Jackets and rain protection are recommended in the winter months.
- Minimum age is 21 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.