Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Day Tour from Munich
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Departing Munich, visit the smallest of three royal castles, Linderhof, which was built by King Ludwig II during the 19th century as a hunting lodge. Built in French Rococo style, the castle has a Moorish pavilion which can be visited during your one hour stay. You have the option to join a guided tour of the interior of Linderhof.
After departing Linderhof, you will have a short shopping stop in Oberammergau, world-famous for its woodcarvers, richly painted houses (Luftl-paintings) and Passion Play.
On the approach to Neuschwanstein, it will quickly become clear as to why this magnificent neo-Romanesque style castle is the most well known castle in the world. It appears through the mist like something out of a fairytale, and you will not be surprised to hear that the man who conceived its design - King Ludwig II, was considered quite eccentric. If it all seems very familiar, it may be because the castle was the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle.
You will stop in Hohenschwangau, a small town at the feet of the castle, where you'll have 4 hours at disposal for lunch and to explore the grounds of Neuschwanstein. You'll also have the option of joining a guided tour of the interior of the castles if you wish.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees (approx. EUR 22.00)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please do not pre-purchase entry tickets to the Royal Castle Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Please pay these fees to your guide so that group entry can be purchased
- Please note this tour does not allow time to see the Venus Grotto. If you would like to see the Grotto, please book "Royal Castle of Linderhof and Oberammergau Day Tour from Munich " - tour 285015
- The coach has a toilet on board
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach the castles
Reviewed by: Daniel M, December 2014
Stunningly gorgeous. Neuschwanstein is simply amazing, a must see for anyone in the area. Seeing the castle as you walk up to mountain towards it is breathtaking. When you finally get to the top (a 15 minute walk), you can then choose to go yet further up. This is also a must do, you can climb up to a bridge that overlooks the castle. This is where the beautiful photos really come from, as you can get a bird's eye few of the castle, and the land falling away behind it. Linderhof was more of an interesting place, than it was gorgeous. The castle is full of eccentricities, that make it interesting but also far out of touch with todays tastes. That being said, the trip into the alps, and simply being in that mountain range around Linderhof is worth the trip. Unbelievable area, gorgeous landscape, fresh air! The trip to that area alone, made the trip to Linderhof worth it.
All told, this trip really makes for a fairy-tale day, with the mountain ranges, fantastic castles and quaint little villages.
Reviewed by: Sarah A, December 2014
Was great tour and loved every bit of it. Very recommended. Thanks to our guide Francisca who made the long drive bearable.