Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Day Tour from Munich
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Departing Munich, visit the smallest of three royal castles, Linderhof, which was built by King Ludwig II during the 19th century as a hunting lodge. Built in French Rococo style, the castle has a Moorish pavilion which can be visited during your one hour stay. You have the option to join a guided tour of the interior of Linderhof.
After departing Linderhof, you will have a short shopping stop in Oberammergau, world-famous for its woodcarvers, richly painted houses (Luftl-paintings) and Passion Play.
On the approach to Neuschwanstein, it will quickly become clear as to why this magnificent neo-Romanesque style castle is the most well known castle in the world. It appears through the mist like something out of a fairytale, and you will not be surprised to hear that the man who conceived its design - King Ludwig II, was considered quite eccentric. If it all seems very familiar, it may be because the castle was the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle.
You will stop in Hohenschwangau, a small town at the feet of the castle, where you'll have 4 hours at disposal for lunch and to explore the grounds of Neuschwanstein. You'll also have the option of joining a guided tour of the interior of the castles if you wish.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees (approx. EUR 22.00)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please do not pre-purchase entry tickets to the Royal Castle Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Please pay these fees to your guide so that group entry can be purchased
- Please note this tour does not allow time to see the Venus Grotto. If you would like to see the Grotto, please book "Royal Castle of Linderhof and Oberammergau Day Tour from Munich " - tour 285015
- The coach has a toilet on board
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach the castles
Reviewed by: Brian H, July 2015
Beautiful trip and a must do for anyone with a spare day in Munich. This beats the olympic area or any of the car manufactories BMW or Mercedes. It is a great way to see the countryside of Bavaria.
Reviewed by: myk_11, July 2015
The Bavarian country side was such a beauty to behold. Winding roads, lush green fields, tall trees, massive mountains everything added to the charm of this place. Our first stop was palace Linderhof, which had stunning landscapes. Second stop was the charming old town of Oberammergau with its painted houses and famous wood works. Via the Romantic road, we reached our final destination The Neuschwanstein Castle, such a secluded and stunning piece of work. Our tour guide was so very informative not just about the tour but Munich in general. The coach was very comfortable with push-back seats, toilet, refreshments, TV, luggage stowing and an upper deck for better views. Very much recommended and worth the money.