Select a datex
Hidden in the seclusion of the Bavarian mountains, King Ludwig II built two of his dream castles, Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. This trip from Munich shows you both of these extraordinary castles, the legacy of of Bavaria's fairytale King. Capture the grandeur of these castles and the picturesque mountain scenery of Bavaria in one magical day.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Departing Munich, visit the smallest of three royal castles, Linderhof, which was built by King Ludwig II during the 19th century as a hunting lodge. Built in French Rococo style, the castle has a Moorish pavilion which can be visited during your one hour stay. You have the option to join a guided tour of the interior of Linderhof.
After departing Linderhof, you will have a short shopping stop in Oberammergau, world-famous for its woodcarvers, richly painted houses (Luftl-paintings) and Passion Play.
On the approach to Neuschwanstein, it will quickly become clear as to why this magnificent neo-Romanesque style castle is the most well known castle in the world. It appears through the mist like something out of a fairytale, and you will not be surprised to hear that the man who conceived its design - King Ludwig II, was considered quite eccentric. If it all seems very familiar, it may be because the castle was the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle.
You will stop in Hohenschwangau, a small town at the feet of the castle, where you'll have 4 hours at disposal for lunch and to explore the grounds of Neuschwanstein. You'll also have the option of joining a guided tour of the interior of the castles if you wish.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from the front of the KARSTADT Department Store at Bahnhofpl. 7, opposite the main railway station. The meeting point is easy to locate and your guide will be waiting for you.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees (approx. EUR 22.00)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please do not pre-purchase entry tickets to the Royal Castle Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Please pay these fees to your guide so that group entry can be purchased
- Please note this tour does not allow time to see the Venus Grotto. If you would like to see the Grotto, please book "Royal Castle of Linderhof and Oberammergau Day Tour from Munich " - tour 285015
- The coach has a toilet on board
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach the castles
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.