Italy and Switzerland in One Day: Lake Como and Lugano from Milan
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Board your private boat to cruise past luxury real estate along the shoreline. You quickly realize how Lake Como has become one of Italy’s most exclusive residential areas. Plush villas belonging to the likes of Sir Richard Branson and George Clooney are common sights around the glamorous lake.
Hear about the mansion-size villas and their celebrity owners from your onboard guide, and look out for some of Como’s historical landmarks, too. After returning to dry land, explore the beautiful town of Bellagio, the 'pearl of Lake Como'. Make the most of your free time here to get to know the town. For lunch, stop at one of Bellagio’s cafes (own expense).
After your break, leave the lakeside area and travel over the border to Lugano, aka the Monte Carlo of Switzerland. Located on a lake of the same name, Lugano is an Italian-speaking Swiss town and favorite vacation spot for affluent Europeans. How you spend your time in the chic city is up to you. Pay homage to Lugano’s cultural scene with a visit to Chiesa di Santa Maria degli Angioli to see Bernardino Luini’s Renaissance masterpiece titled Passion and Crucifixion; hit the downtown shops and scout out Swiss chocolate, fine luxury goods and clothes; or simply soak up the lakeside sights.
Meet back up with your guide in the late afternoon, and finish your day trip by traveling back to the start point in central Milan.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Headsets, if needed
- Lake Como cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please ensure you have a correct visa to enter Switzerland. Customers holding passports from a non-EU country will need a 'Schengen visa,' which can be obtained on entry to an EU country. Without the correct visa, you will be denied entry to Switzerland and the local operator will accept no responsibility
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Tour operator cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- Photography is generally permitted throughout the tour, although it is restricted in some churches
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. It's recommended to bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
Reviewed by: Vicky B, May 2015
Great tour. Wonderful guide and excellent value for money.
Reviewed by: Beatrice S, May 2015
Definitely a must! The lake Como is so beautiful! Maybe few more hours to be spend there it will worth it! Very well organized.