Italy and Switzerland in One Day: Lake Como and Lugano from Milan
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Board your private boat to cruise past luxury real estate along the shoreline. You quickly realize how Lake Como has become one of Italy’s most exclusive residential areas. Plush villas belonging to the likes of Sir Richard Branson and George Clooney are common sights around the glamorous lake.
Hear about the mansion-size villas and their celebrity owners from your onboard guide, and look out for some of Como’s historical landmarks, too. After returning to dry land, explore the beautiful town of Bellagio, the 'pearl of Lake Como'. Make the most of your free time here to get to know the town. For lunch, stop at one of Bellagio’s cafes (own expense).
After your break, leave the lakeside area and travel over the border to Lugano, aka the Monte Carlo of Switzerland. Located on a lake of the same name, Lugano is an Italian-speaking Swiss town and favorite vacation spot for affluent Europeans. How you spend your time in the chic city is up to you. Pay homage to Lugano’s cultural scene with a visit to Chiesa di Santa Maria degli Angioli to see Bernardino Luini’s Renaissance masterpiece titled Passion and Crucifixion; hit the downtown shops and scout out Swiss chocolate, fine luxury goods and clothes; or simply soak up the lakeside sights.
Meet back up with your guide in the late afternoon, and finish your day trip by traveling back to the start point in central Milan.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Headsets, if needed
- Lake Como cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most guests will not be required to have a Visa to enter Switzerland; a passport will be sufficient to enter the Country. Please check this website (https://goo.gl/uKUFA5) for more information, and to determine if you may need a Visa (choose your country by selecting the first letter i.e “U” for United States.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Tour operator cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- Photography is generally permitted throughout the tour, although it is restricted in some churches
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. It's recommended to bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
Reviewed by: pbpost, November 2015
What a great tour! Two countries in one day and a cruise!
There is a little bit of walking on this tour, but exactly how much is up to you.
You jump on the bus in Milan and drive all the way to Lugano Switzerland. Its a beautiful small lake front town where you have the opportunity to stop, have breakfast and a coffee, or explore the lake front area. It rained the day that we went but shopping was fun. Then you will get back on the bus and go to Lake Como and go to a ferry stop. George Clooney has a house on the lake and the tour makes a big deal of it. From the ferry, you will take one of the first stops which is the town of Bellagio. Its a beautiful gem that is hidden away from the rest of the world. Here you get a few hours to walk around the town, eat a meal and shop. While it rained in Lugano, the weather was beautiful and sunny in Bellagio. Once your time is up in Bellagio, you will get back on the ferry for several stops. There is a lot of see while on the ferry, so keep your cameras out! This was a great tour, it was fun and easy going. in case you were wondering, Bellagio is a great place to get engaged
Reviewed by: margery.vanvleet, November 2015
This was a wonderful tour! It was great to see so much in one day. Hint: buy your chocolate in Lugano at Manor, the grocery store near where the guide takes you to buy chocolate. If you need something to eat, the pasta counter is great! The map you are given for this tour is pretty much useless. Luckily, the towns are small and you won't get too lost. It's all so beautiful! Have a blast!