Cambridge and Oxford Historic Colleges of Britain Day Trip
Find your own inspiration in the sense of tradition and intellectual curiosity that pervades this lovely City. You will visit Christchurch College, where Harry Potter scenes were filmed and where Albert Einstein studied. On your walking tour of Oxford you will see the Bodleian library and the picture-perfect College courtyards for which Oxford is justifiably famous.
Through scenic countryside to Cambridge, bridging centuries of scholarly rivalry between these two venerable institutions! Cambridge's stately Gothic style College buildings rise spectacularly from the greenery along the River Cam where students and visitors enjoy punting along the River.
You will visit the magnificent perpendicular chapel of King's College, founded in 1441, which is the finest and grandest example of late medieval Gothic architecture in England, and a fitting tribute to the great minds that have studied here. During your walking tour of the city filled with beautiful buildings and historical quirks, you'll visit the so-called "Bridge of Sighs", named after its look-a-like in Venice and several other Colleges that make up the University, each with their own stories to tell.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup
- Entrance fees
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Walking tour of Cambridge
- Blue Badge English speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: Due to planned road closures for the Cycling Tour of Britain, hotel pickup will be unavailable on September 22nd 2013, and all travelers will be required to make their way to Victoria Coach Station for the start of the tour at 8.45am.
Reviewed by: cindyxkao, August 2014
The tour guy is very knowledgeable, humorous and funny. It's a very nice trip though it was a rainy day.
Reviewed by: Javier Gustavo D, July 2014
It was all as expected. I suggest to take this day trip. Very good service. Great expierence!!!