Select a datex
Visit Rosslyn Chapel and learn the truth about the Holy Grail on a "Da Vinci Code" tour to the Scottish Borders. You'll hear the true history of the famous Rosslyn Chapel and visit the lovely town of Melrose on this small group tour.
With a maximum group size of 16 passengers, you are sure to have a memorable and personal experience on this day trip to locations made famous by Dan Brown's best-selling novel The Da Vinci Code. Traveling in a small group means you can reach out-of-the-way places to discover the real Scotland!
Departing Edinburgh, you will head south to the world-famous Scott's View, with stunning views over the Tweed Valley and Eildon Hills. From here, you will travel to Melrose with the opportunity to explore its great Border abbey, founded by the Cistercians in the 12th century. The Cistercian monks had very close connections with the Knights Templar and Melrose Abbey is the burial place of Robert the Bruce's heart, brought back from the crusades in Moorish Spain.
Following lunch in Melrose you will make your way to the stunning 15th-century Rosslyn Chapel, immortalized in The Da Vinci Code and an important site of beauty and history in its own right.
The tour includes a discount card, offering fantastic savings on top Edinburgh and Scotland visitor attractions, restaurants, pubs and shopping.
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007.
Melrose Abbey, Scotland
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:207 High St, Edinburgh.
Return Details:Concludes at Waverley Bridge opposite Waverley Train Station at 4:15pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Melrose Abbey, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Discount Card offering discounts off local restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Modern Mercedes minivan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.