Small-Group Day Trip from Chennai: Countryside Farm Tour with Lunch
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Choice of seating available
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
- Small group ensures personal service
When you arrive, visit a small village and head to the village temple to enjoy the scenery and to listen to local myths. Visit a farmer’s house to enjoy traditional village hospitality. The local farmer will take you and your guide to his paddy fields and tell you about his farming techniques. As you walk through the farm, your guide will share interesting stories of rural life and farming as a way of life. Try your hand at some farming if you like!
Walk into the farmer's herbal kitchen garden where your guide will point out the leaves that the local villagers chew to cure coughs and the ones that make delicious chutney.
Enjoy refreshments such as bottled water, coconut water, fruit and snacks by the farm well. In the afternoon, enjoy a home-cooked vegetarian lunch and get introduced to the farmer's livestock.
Afterward, board the coach to return to Chennai.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Country Roads in Chennai
- English-speaking guide
- Farm tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Light refreshments
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour operates with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. If you prefer to take the tour as scheduled with less than the minimum number of passengers, the fee for 6 persons will be applicable
- Please note that some of the places we visit may require you to remove your footwear; it is recommended that you wear easily manageable shoes.
- As a respect for local culture, it is recommended that you dress in a conservative manner, with shoulders and legs covered
- Hats and sunscreen are strongly recommended
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking