Private Tour: Day Trip to Kanchipuram Temple City from Chennai
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
With your guide, visit several temples and learn about the importance of the Hindu goddess Shiva. Explore Sri Ekambareswarar Temple, the city’s largest temple and one of the five major Shiva temples that each represents a natural element. Built around 600, this temple symbolizes Earth.
Then, visit Kailasanathar Temple, the oldest temple in Kanchipuram, built in the early 8th century. Explore this sandstone compound and admire the fascinating carvings, including half-animal deities that were popular during the period of early Dravidian architecture.
Next, head to Varadaraja Perumal Temple, one of the Divya Desams -- the 108 Vishnu temples believed to have been visited by the 12 poet saints, or alwars. Built in 1053, this astounding temple complex contains 32 shrines and 389 pillared halls.
After spending 30-45 minutes at each temple, stop by the nearby silk shop -- Kanchipuram is famous for its hand-woven silk sarees – to see a silk-weaving demonstration. Watch local artisans take pure mulberry silk of various dazzling colors and create beautiful sarees embellished with fine gold thread.
In between sightseeing, you’ll enjoy an authentic Indian lunch in Kanchipuram at a restaurant carefully chosen by your guide. After your enlightening full-day tour, you’ll be taken back to your Chennai hotel.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Day Trim to Kanchipuram
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking