2-Day Big Island Adventure: Snorkeling, Hiking and Volcanoes National Park Camping
- All necessary equipment included
- All-inclusive tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
After pickup from Waikoloa or Kona, you’ll head by comfortable vehicle to one of Hawaii’s premier snorkel spots. Stop to snorkel and discover local marine life before continuing south to a Kona coffee farm, where you’ll take a guided tour and sample some gourmet Kona coffee.
Drive south along the western coast and around the southern tip of the island to Punalu’u Beach Park, where you’ll see turtles basking on a black sand. Enjoy a light hike to an ancient Hawaiian heiau (temple) with your guide and then drive to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, where the views are spectacular.
In the evening, you’ll arrive at Halemaumau Crater, a lava lake where Pele, the goddess of fire, is said to live. Visit a local restaurant for dinner (your expense). You’ll camp here under a blanket of stars – a perfect way to end your day.
Overnight: Campground in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Day 2: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – Hilo -- Waikoloa or Kona (B, L)
Start your day with your guide teaching you about the lava lake, the surrounding volcanoes and Hawaiian culture while on your way to Thurston Lava Tube. Get out your flashlight to explore the underground cave created by lava!
Hop in the car and continue north along the eastern coast Hilo. Your guide will point out an ancient stone that’s said to have changed the history of the Hawaiian Islands and the destiny of one of the greatest Hawaiian kings.
While admiring ocean views in Hilo, enjoy a light hike to the Rainbow Falls lookout point to marvel at scenic views and then take a moderate hike into a lush rainforest.
Round your way back over to the west side of the island and stop at a pristine beach to swim in the warm Pacific waters. You’ll then be dropped off at your hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
9am from Kona
Tour runs daily except for Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour with Kona Transfer
Tour with hotel pickup and drop-off from Kona
Tour with Waikaloa Transfer
Tour with hotel pickup and drop-off from Waikaloa or Kona Airport; 2 adult minimum
Camping in Volcano National Park
- 2-day tour of the Big Island
- Overnight camping inside Volcanoes National Park
- Kona coffee tasting
- All camping equipment including sleeping bag
- Quality snorkel equipment
- Cooking equipment and utensils
- Guided hiking and snorkeling
- Local professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Kona and Waikaloa
- Meals (a shopping stop is made to stock up on food)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Please pack lightly, as space is very limited. Your list should include: bathing suit, small pack towel,1 pair of pants, 1 pair of shorts, 2 shirts, rain jacket, sandals, trail running shoes, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, camera, undergarments, water bottle, small pillow and toiletries.
- Luggage storage is provided in a secure facility at USD $10 per bag