Avignon and Provence Independent City Tour
The Pont d'Avignon (Pont St Benezet) was the first construction over the Rhone river, between Lyon and the Mediterranean sea in the 12th century. The bridge had 22 arches and covered approximately 900 meters linking Villeneuve les Avignon to Avignon. The bridge collapsed in the 17th century and the king did not want to pay for restoring the bridge. Today, the bridge has 4 arches, and is still so famous for the French song "Sur le Pont d'Avignon"
There is no guide or transport included. Your ticket allows fast track entry to the above attractions.
Choose a half day minivan tour (8 persons maximum) with French and English speaking driver from the following tours:
- Lavender and villages in Luberon (Gordes, Roussillon and Lavender Museum) on Tuesday morning, Friday morning or Wednesday afternoon
- Stone Monuments (St Remy de Provence, Les Baux de Provence and Pont du Gard) on Wednesday morning, Tuesday afternoon or Friday afternoon
- Van Gogh in Provence (St Remy de Provence, Les Baux de Provence and Arles) on Monday morning, Saturday morning orThursday afternoon
- Culture and Wine (Orange and Chateauneuf du Pape) on Thursday morning, Monday afternoon or Saturday afternoon
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Popes Palace, Avignon
- Entrance tickets
- Half day minivan tour of your choice
- Audio guides at Popes' Palace and Pont d'Avignon
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Guide (except on minivan tour)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transport (except on minivan tour)
- Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking
Reviewed by: Wiiliam B, October 2015
We did the Lavender tour that included a tour of the lavender museum and side trips to Gordes and Rousilon. Small coach and just eight of us made it great. Excellent tour guide who was right on time and very engaging. We did the Papal Palace on our own, which is a must see.
Reviewed by: yvonne g, July 2013
If you're a lover of history, this is a 'must see' in Avignon. It comes with the flexibility of seeing the Pope's Palace at your own pace, as well as the ability to select a half day tour from a good set of choices. On top of this, the guide was very professional and well informed - the mini van was quite modern and comfortable.