From the classic Temple of Apollo at Delphi to the famous rock-tower monasteries of Meteora - you'll visit some of the most iconic sites in Greece on this three-day tour from Athens.
Famous for its theater, Temple of Apollo and ancient ruins, Delphi was at the heart of the classical Greek world, and considered the center of the earth and the universe. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful area of mainland Greece, and its monasteries are one of the country's most unique attractions.
After taking a scenic drive through Levadia and Arachova (famous for its bright multi-colored carpets), you'll arrive in Delphi. You'll tour the site's museum of archaeological treasures, and have the rest of the day free in Delphi.
After spending the morning how you wish, you'll drive through the central towns of Amphissa, Lamia and Trikala, crossing the Thessalian plain to spend the night in Kalambaka.
Next day you'll take a tour of the cliff-top monasteries, built on the top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain. After your tour of Meteora's unique monasteries, you'll travel back to Athens, passing through Thermopylae and Kamena Vourla.
Special Offer! - Book and travel by October 31, 2013 and you will enjoy 4 Star Accommodation for the price of 3 Star Accommodation. - Book Now!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Selected Athens hotels or Hotel Amalia near Syntagma Square
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at 6:30pm on Day 3.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-Day trip to Delphi and Meteora with accommodation in a first class hotel
3-Day trip to Delphi and Meteora with accommodation in a tourist class hotel
- 2 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance fees for museums and archaeological sites
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Every effort is made to use superior class hotels, as classified by the Greek Government. In smaller towns where no first class hotels are available, the best hotels existing is used. All the hotels used on this tour have private facilities.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Itinerary:Day 1: Delphi (D)
Drive to Delphi through Levadia and Arachova. Upon arrival visit the archaeological site and the Museum. The rest of the day at leisure.
Day 2: Delphi - Meteora (B, D)
Morning at leisure then drive across the Thessaly Plains to the spectacular Meteora region, through Amphissa, Lamia and Trikala.
Day 3: Meteora (B)
Tour the monasteries of Meteora and marvel at the towering rocky pinnacles that the region is famous for. Start the drive back to Athens, passing through Thermopylae (short stop) and Kamena Vourla.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.