Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Start your 6.5-hour Hoover Dam tour with hotel pickup from selected Las Vegas hotels. Hop aboard the air-conditioned minivan for transport to Hoover Dam, an approximate 45-minute drive away. En route, your guide enlightens your small group with encyclopedic knowledge on all aspects of Hoover Dam and its history.
On arrival, you’ll begin with a Powerplant tour. Travel 524 feet (160 meters) into the walls of Black Canyon to view the Nevada Powerwing, generators and a 30-foot-diameter (9-meter) pipe inside one of the four diversion tunnels.
Next, head into the Hoover Dam Visitor Center where you can see the history of Hoover Dam and view numerous exhibits that explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity.
Then take a fully guided Walk on the Top tour — a comprehensive 45-minute walking tour over the top of the dam. Snap photographs of Lake Mead at the scenic Lake Mead Overlook before enjoying an early afternoon lunch at a restaurant on the way back to Las Vegas (see menu options below).
You’ll make a short but sweet stop at Ethel M's Chocolate Factory and hear Vegas trivia about Howard Hughes, the mafia and more before drop-off at selected hotels.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 7:25 AM Golden Nugget
- 7:30 AM Stratosphere
- 7:35 AM Circus Circus
- 7:40 AM Treasure Island
- 7:50 AM Bally's
- 7:55 AM Monte Carlo
- 8:00 AM Excalibur
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
- Professional guide
- Government's Power Plant Tour
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour
- Walk On The Top Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The interior tour is not recommended for people that suffer from claustrophobia, who have pacemakers or defibrillators
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Transportation is not wheelchair accessible however wheelchairs are available for rent for approximately USD $5 at the Dam. If you require a wheelchair at the Dam please let your tour guide know.
- Receive FREE entry to the Mac King Comedy and Magic Show at Harrah's Las
Vegas Casino (free admission with the purchase of one beverage per
person in the showroom. Tickets will be given out at the time of check in for the tour
- Half fresh-baked turkey breast sandwich and homemade soup of the day
- Grilled chicken breast sandwich served with homemade cucumber salad
- BBQ pulled pork sandwich served with fries
- Boulder burger and fries (1/3 lb burger served with lettuce, tomato and condiments on the side)
- Avocado, lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese sandwich on wheat bread, served with homemade cucumber salad
- Garden salad with cheddar cheese, tomatoes, olives, broccoli and sliced egg
Reviewed by: Alison P, February 2016
Our morning pick-up was on time. The tour guide, Jason, was excellent. Very knowledgeable and entertaining. The Hoover Dam was amazing and very interesting. The lunch included in the tour was good. Well Worth the visit.
Reviewed by: Michael G, February 2016
Tour guide was funny and informative. For American history buffs and amature photography enthusiasts the tour is well worth the price. Awesome views of a real piece of history showcasing what makes a our country the greatest o. Earth!