Select a datex
Enjoy relaxing on the pure white sand of Whitehaven Beach. You can walk along the seven kilometer stretch of natural silica sand, partake in beach activities, swim in crystal clear water or lay back and read a good book. There is no better place to unwind then finding your own slice of paradise and feeling the ocean breeze sweep over you as your body melts into the sand.The only way to truly experience one of the world's best beaches is in style and comfort aboard a large, high-speed and air-conditioned catamaran.
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Ideal choice for families
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Picturesque Whitehaven Beach is one of the Whitsundays premier natural attractions - five miles (seven kilometers) of glistening white silica sand complemented by crystal clear waters. Located on Whitsunday Island, the largest island in the region, Whitehaven Beach is fully protected and uninhabited due to its National and Marine Park status. Its shallows are graced by various species of turtles, and these ancient creatures are often sighted during daily visits.
Swim in the crystal clear waters, take a leisurely walk along the pristine beach, join in the beach games or just relax and soak up the sunshine.
If you are feeling a little adventurous you have the option (at your own expense) to take a guided "Solway Walk". Starting from Whitehaven Beach, this one-way circuit winds uphill to a natural rock platform giving spectacular views over Solway Passage and the surrounding Whitsunday Islands.
Whitehaven Beach Day Cruises
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Selected Airlie Beach hotels
Daydream Island, Hamilton Island and Long Island
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Half-day cruise to Whitehaven Beach morning departure from Abel Point
Half-day cruise to Whitehaven Beach morning departure from Daydream Island
Half-day cruise to Whitehaven Beach morning departure from Hamilton Island
Half-day cruise to Whitehaven Beach afternoon departure from Abel Point
Half-day cruise to Whitehaven Beach afternoon departure from Daydream Island
Half-day cruise to Whitehaven Beach afternoon departure from Hamilton Island
Half-day cruise to Whitehaven Beach afternoon departure from Long Island
Whitehaven Beach Day Cruises
- Commentary from experienced crew
- Island cruise a large air-conditioned catamaran
- Morning or afternoon tea on board vessel
- Beach activities
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef tax)
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Hotel pick-up from selected Airlie Beach hotels
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation for this cruise will be received at time of booking, unless booking within 7 days of travel date. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Solway Walk is at a cost of $5 per person and payable on board the vessel. A reasonable level of fitness is required as you will be traversing uneven surfaces and walking up sand dunes
- Light breakfast provided on 7am Abel Point departure
- Snacks available to purchase
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.