Select a datex
While in Sitka, explore the area's natural beauty and abundant wildlife from the water! This 3-hour tour includes a sightseeing cruise out to a floating base camp, followed by 1.5 hours of kayaking through the magnificent waters of the Gulf of Alaska. During your tour, your professional guide will point out the native wildlife that Sitka is famous for, including bald eagles and harbor seals. From the water, you may even spot land mammals, including black-tailed deer and brown bears!
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All necessary equipment included
- Family friendly
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Experience Alaska’s awe-inspiring beauty on this kayaking tour from Sitka. On this unforgettable wilderness adventure, meet your group at the Sitka downtown dock and suit up in quality rain gear and life jackets. Then, climb aboard a custom-built vessel for an exciting sightseeing tour on the Gulf of Alaska. Your captain will scan the sea for wildlife, including whales, and identify points of interest along the way.
Head to the floating base camp, where you’ll receive a safety instruction from your knowledgeable guide on how to use the two-person kayaks. These stable yet maneuverable crafts let you enjoy the natural beauty of the protected bays and inlets near Sitka. Groups will be led by an experienced guide, who will show you expert paddling techniques. Enjoy a 1.5-hour kayaking trip around the area and learn about the surrounding marine environment. Spot colorful marine life, see an eagle swooping from the tree tops and admire the grandeur of the lush rainforest. You may even see brown bears, harbor seals or black-tailed deer! No prior kayaking experience is required and all ages are welcome.
After kayaking, refuel with a hearty warm snack consisting of clam chowder, crackers and hot apple cider.
Sea Kayaking in Sitka
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Sitka downtown dock
- Varies -- after booking, you will be given the local tour operator’s contact information; you may specify a departure time in the morning or afternoon
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs Sitka hotels at 7:30am
Departs Sitka hotels at 8:30am
Departs Sitka hotels at 9am
Departs Sitka hotels at 9:30am
Departs Sitka hotels at 10am
Departs Sitka hotels at 11am
Departs Sitka hotels at 12pm
Departs Sitka hotels at 12:30pm
Departs Sitka at 1pm
Departs Sitka hotels at 2:30pm
Departs Sitka hotels at 4pm
Sea Kayaking in Sitka
- 3-hour kayaking tour from Sitka
- All necessary equipment, raingear, lifejacket
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- No prior experience necessary, just good health and an adventurous spirit!
- Children must weigh at least 40 lbs (18 kg) in order to fit into required life jacket
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.