Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
Book and save 10% off the local operators price for travel on Thursday and Saturday. As an added bonus, receive free tickets to the Mac King Comedy and Magic Show at Harrah's Hotel and Casino!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
The Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour includes:
- Hotel pick-up from five convenient locations with air-conditioned transport
- Trained guides - Listen to your expert guide, fully trained and knowledgeable on all aspects of Hoover Dam and it's history. They are often referred to as Dam Encyclopedias!
- Government's Power Plant Tour - Travel 524' into the walls of Black Canyon to view the Nevada Powerwing, generators and a 30-foot-diameter pipe inside one of the four diversion tunnels
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour - See the history of Hoover Dam, view the numerous exhibits which explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity
- A Walk on the Top - Fully guided comprehensive 45-minute walking tour over the top of the dam
- Scenic Lake Mead Overlook - Snap some beautiful scenic photographs of Lake Mead
- Delicious Lunch - Early afternoon lunch on the way back to Las Vegas
- Chocolate Factory - Short but sweet stop at Ethel M's Chocolate Factory
- Vegas Trivia - Learn about Howard Hughes, the mafia and Las Vegas on the ride back
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Las Vegas hotels
- 7:25 AM Golden Nugget
- 7:30 AM Stratosphere
- 7:35 AM Circus Circus
- 7:40 AM Treasure Island
- 7:50 AM Bally's
- 7:55 AM Monte Carlo
- 8:00 AM Excalibur
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
- Professional guide
- Government's Power Plant Tour
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour
- Walk On The Top Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The interior tour is not recommended for people that suffer from claustrophobia, who have pacemakers or defibrillators
- FREE Mac King Comedy Show tickets - Free admission is with the purchase of one beverage per person in the showroom. Show plays Tuesday to Saturday at 1pm and 3pm
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Transportation is not wheelchair accessible however wheelchairs are available for rent for approximately USD $5 at the Dam. If you require a wheelchair at the Dam please let your tour guide know.
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, or has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a powerplant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
- 1/2 Fresh Baked Turkey breast sandwich & Homemade soup of the day.
- Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich served with Homemade Cucumber salad.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich served with fries
- Boulder Burger & Fries. (1/3 lb. burger served with lettuce, tomato,and condiments on the side)
- Avocado Lettuce Tomato & Cheddar cheese Sandwich, on Wheat bread, served with Homemade Cucumber salad.
- Garden Salad. Salad mix, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, olives, broccoli, and sliced egg.
Please note: gratuities not included
Reviewed by: Gregory C, October 2014
An excellent tour with a very well informed tour guide.
Reviewed by: Wayne L, October 2014
Hoover Dam not really that far from the strip and was only roughly a 40 minute drive. Hoover Dam itself was incredible and when you see it on TV/film just doesnt do it justice. You also get a tour of the generators inside the dam. Our tour guide (Trevor) and driver (Tom) were both excellent and Trevor was particularly funny and informative, especially on the actual tour round the dam. You also get to spend about 25 minutes on Memorial Bridge which also gave a spectacular view over the dam. A trip to Boulder City and Ethel M's Chocolate Factory just added more value to the tour. Dinner was also excellent and all types of meals are covered. Bit of advice, just make sure you have a full breakfast before leaving or maybe take a sandwich with you just to cover you until dinner as the tour may run over slightly meaning you wont get dinner until about 1330/1400. Plenty of water supplied. Recommended tour without a doubt and due to the short travel time to Hoover Dam, you return to Vegas still with plenty of time to spare for rest of the day.