Tokyo Highlights Afternoon Tour and Sumida River Cruise
See the sights of Tokyo on an afternoon sightseeing tour, plus take a leisurely cruise on the Sumida River. You'll gain valuable insights into cosmopolitan and busy Tokyo on this 3.5-hour afternoon guided tour, and have the morning free to explore the city on your own.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Your afternoon sightseeing tour includes the following highlights:
- Seaside Top, the observatory deck on the 40th floor of the World Trade Center, for panoramic views of Tokyo
- 40-minute boat ride from Hinode to the Asakusa pier on the Sumida River
- Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji), the oldest and most popular Buddhist temple in Tokyo
- Short photo stop at the plaza in front of the Imperial Palace
- Nakamise Shopping Street, a colorful shopping arcade crammed with tiny food and souvenir shops
- Famous Ginza shopping district, Tokyo's most celebrated shopping and amusement area
Plus you'll receive a free souvenir map of Tokyo!
Please Note: During the Cherry Blossoms season between March - April, the Sumida River Cruise will be replaced with a tour which views the cherry blossoms in Sumida Park.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Concludes at the Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal at approximately 5:20pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Enjoy the Sumida River Cruise to Asakusa,
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Due to overcrowding, the Sumida River Cruise will be changed to cherry blossom viewing in Sumida Park during cherry blossom season in the spring (tentative dates: Mar. 31 - Apr. 8).
- The order in which the Sumida River Cruise and Imperial Palace Plaza are visited will change in Jan., Mar. 31 - Apr. 8, Nov.and Dec.
Reviewed by: KEVIN C, Australia, June 2014
This is wonderful tour to take as you get to see Tokyo in a short timeframe. Although it rained for most of the tour the sun came out as we cruised on the Sumida River.
Our tour guide was wonderful
Reviewed by: M J R, April 2014
Tour was extremely interesting - guide was excellent !
River tour which was part of this tour was not of any interest and could in my opinion be withdrawn from the itinary