Select a datex
See the highlights of the world-famous Vatican Museums in one morning on this intimate, small-group Vatican walking tour! Starting early in the morning to beat the heat and crowds, you'll skip the line and head straight inside with your priority access ticket. Led by an expert Vatican guide, your comprehensive tour visits the sacred Sistine Chapel, Raphael's Rooms, St Peters Basilica and more!
Due to a new Vatican partnership, this tour provides VIP access through a reserved door, allowing you to skip all the lines – even the priority lines. Numbers are also limited to just 12 people on this unique Vatican tour, ensuring you'll see the very best of the Vatican Museums in a small-group atmosphere.
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
The Vatican Museums comprise one of the world's largest museum complexes, containing some 2,000 rooms that stretch for nearly 9 miles (15 km) inside Vatican City. A treasure trove of incredible art and architecture, the museums are the highlight of most Vatican visits, so queues are predictably long. Skip-the-line Vatican tours are so popular, even the priority lines are
long! But this tour includes exclusive access through a reserved
entranceway, ensuring that you will not wait in any long lines. Gain access as soon as the doors open, and head past the long lines and into the heart of the Vatican before the public steps foot inside.
In your small group of no more than 12 people, stroll through the corridors to view the world's largest private art collection, once intended exclusively for the pope. As your expert guide entertains you with tales of Vatican power and intrigue, you'll feel the Renaissance works of art come to life.
Amble through Raphael's Rooms, the four interconnecting chambers adorned with paintings by Raphael and his pupils, before visiting the breathtakingly beautiful Sistine Chapel, which is considered the pope's home chapel. Walk through this sacred Vatican site to see Michelangelo's astounding frescoes, The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgment, without the crowds that appear later in the day.
The last part of your small-group Vatican tour focuses on St Peter's Basilica, with its distinctive 450-foot-high (137-meter) dome. Step inside to see why it’s so much more than just a church, and gaze in wonder at its awe-inspiring architecture and mosaics, including another Michelangelo masterpiece, La Pietà. Steeped in history, St Peters Basilica is said to stand on the ground where St Peter the Apostle was crucified and buried.
Your guide will explain the highlights of the basilica and its significance as the holiest place in Christendom, before your tour ends in stunning St Peter's Square.
Statues inside the Vatican Museums
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs near the Vatican Museums entrance.
- 8:10am (meet strictly at 7:55am)
Return Details:Concludes at St Peter's Basilica
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums Small-Group Walking Tour
- Small-group walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Pre-booking this tour enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours!) to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you will spend a full 3 hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will list affected dates as they become available. When possible, your tour guide will notify you if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed at the start of the tour. It is beyond our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- Wheelchair information: This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible. For your information, Vatican Museums provide wheelchairs free of charge in the main lobby. You can easily pick one up after entrance, before starting your own independent visit. If you are looking for a guided tour with wheelchair access, we recommend booking our private tour so a guide can lead you through the alternate routes.
- St Peter's Basilica, the grottos and the dome: After the tour, you may visit these attractions on your own. Your tour will end at the front of St Peter's Basilica, which is a very convenient location to leave for lunch, visit the Vatican bookstore, visit the Vatican post office, enter St Peter's Basilica, continue to the grottos below St Peter's or climb to the dome. Your tour guide will be happy to point you in the right direction!
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that these items are not taken on this tour
- Tours departing Wednesday: There is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please DO NOT select Wednesday as your travel date
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.