Napali and Ni'ihau 'The Forbidden Island' Kauai Snorkel Cruise
After sightseeing and hearing about the history of the coast, you'll head across the channel to the Forbidden Island, Ni'ihau, to enjoy the best snorkeling in Kauai. Your helpful crew will provide all the assistance and instruction you need, to help you simply relax, float and watch the comings and goings of the magical aquatic world. Carved by ocean currents and waves for centuries, no other place in Hawaii offers such unique formations.
After your Kauai snorkeling adventure, you'll enjoy a gourmet deli-style buffet lunch. Choose from a variety of deli meats, cheeses, veggies and breads to make your own sandwich. Also included are potato salad, pasta and fresh fruits. Assorted soft drinks are served throughout the tour, and beer and wine are served after Kauai snorkeling.
During your meal, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy an entertaining story about the island, the people and the history of Ni'ihau.
Travel in comfort on a state-of-the-art 65-foot motor powered catamaran designed specifically for Kauai's ocean conditions with safety, comfort and efficiency in mind. Certified for 65 passengers, only 49 are carried daily. The catamaran has a full service galley and bar, two large marine lavatories, fresh water showers and a large cabin. Outside there are two oversized trampolines and seating in the front and back of the vessel.
Whale watching included from December through April.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Port Allen Marina Center
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Sightseeing cruise on a 65' power catamaran
- Tour narration
- Continental breakfast
- Snorkel instruction and equipment
- Gourmet deli style buffet lunch
- Assorted soft drinks served throughout; beer and wine served after snorkeling
- Whale watching (seasonal December through April only)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
Assorted fresh baked pastries, bagels and mixed fruit platter
Hot tea, Coffee, Bottled Water and assorted soft drinks
Gourmet Deli-style Buffet Lunch
Fresh Baked Bread: Whole wheat, French rolls, Rye
Select Deli Meats: Roasted turkey breast, Smoked turkey, Roast beef, ham, Italian salami
Cheese: Swiss, Provolone, Cheddar
Vegetables: Lettuce, Tomatoes, Sprouts, Red Onion, Cucumber, Olives, Jalapenos
Pasta Salad and Vegetables crudites platter with Spinach dip
Homemade chocolate chip cookies
Beverages: Bottled water, assorted soft drinks, beer and wine
- This is an adventure. Ocean conditions can vary and may turn rough at times. This tour is not suitable for wheelchair passengers (frail or physically challenged individuals are subject to captain's discretion).
- No expectant mothers.
- Not recommended for individuals who have or have had back problems, recent surgeries, or suffer from severe motion sickness.
- If passengers do not have they prescribed medications with them we ask that they reschedule their tour for another day. This is mandatory. I.E Inhalers, Epipens, Diabetic medications and or any other medications taken daily.
- No children under six (6) years of age.
- If passengers will be consuming alcoholic beverages and ID will be required on the vessel.
- Snorkeling depends on ocean conditions.
- Alcohol will be served only after snorkeling.
- This is a "bare-foot" tour (orthopedic shoes are allowed).
Reviewed by: JSCarterCRNA, January 2015
This was a great day trip. The 7-hour day trip starts out early (630 a.m. from Port Allen, near Hanepepe), but you begin with a continental breakfast, followed by beautiful views of Kaua'i as you head across the channel to Ni'ihau (The Forbidden Island). Once anchored off the coast, the snorkelling is excellent. There is a vast array of colourful fish, caves to swim into, and honu (sea turtles) gracefully gliding past as you snorkel. After snorkelling, a quick trip back across the channel takes you along the breathtaking NaPali coast. Drinks and lunch are provided before the return trip to Port Allen.
Captain Wendell and his crew (Zena, Jay and Kama) were great. They introduced themselves and asked about where we were visiting from, kept checking in to make sure we didn't need any more food or drinks, and answered our questions about the island and some of the things we saw. Captain Wendell did a great job narrating the snorkel cruise, and Zena spent time telling us some of the places the locals like to visit. Definitely worth it!
PS: If you get motion sickness, take some dramamine BEFORE hopping on board. You don't want to have your head in a bucket and miss these gorgeous sites!
Reviewed by: Johan, United States of America, January 2015
Anyone who visits Kauai must attend this message excursion. The beauty of the landscape cannot be captured in pictures and its a Must See trip.