Experience the best that the Kakadu National Park has to offer on this 3-day tour from Darwin. View the ancient Aboriginal rock art at Nourlangie Rock and Ubirr Rock, cruise the East Alligator River and Yellow Waters and paddle a canoe to majestic Twin Falls.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Day 1: Darwin - Kakadu National Park - Yellow Water Depart Darwin and venture into the vast and diverse landscape of Kakadu National Park. Stop to visit Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to learn a little about the park, its history, flora, fauna and ancient culture. Continue to Kakadu's most famous wetland area, Yellow Water billabong for your cruise. Watch for crocodiles and the famous Kakadu birdlife. Following lunch, travel to Nourlangie Rock to view galleries of ancient Aboriginal artworks. As is evident from all the paintings, this has always been an area of great significance to local Aborigines.
Overnight accommodation: budget - Kakadu Lodge or superior - Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn
Day 2: Twin Falls by Canoe Travel by 4WD to the edge of the Arnhem Land escarpment and beautiful Jim Jim Falls, the largest waterfalls in the park. Enjoy a refreshing bushwalk through monsoonal forest surrounded by towering cliffs. Continue along the winding sand track to Twin Falls Gorge where there is time to explore this remote region. Note: It's essential you are active and able to paddle your own canoe. Should seasonal conditions not permit visit to Twin Falls, it will be replaced with visit to Maguk (Barramundi Falls).
Day 3: Kakadu National Park- Ubirr - East Alligator River Cruise - Darwin Travel to Ubirr before joining the Guluyambi Cruise on the East Alligator River. By special permission, take a short walk into Arnhem Land accompanied by an Aboriginal guide and finish your day with a call into Bowali Visitor Centre, to see the giant termite mounds.
Overnight accommodation: budget - Kakadu Lodge or superior - Gagudju Crocodile Holiday InnImportant: The walk to Jim Jim falls is quite strenuous and an excellent level of fitness is required. Recommended good hiking shoes for this walk.If seasonal conditions do not permit a visit to Jim Jim or Twin Falls it will be replaced with alternative touring. You are not permitted to swim at Twin falls.
Jim Jim Falls, Kakadu National Park
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Darwin hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour returns to original departure point Darwin at approximately 7:30pm on Day 3
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
2 nights superior hotel accommodation
2 nights budget hotel accommodation
Yellow Water, Kakadu National Park
- 3-day touring by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Two nights accommodation in Kakadu National Park at the First Class Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn
- Lunch is included every day
- 4-Wheel Drive tour to the Arnhem Land Escarpment
- Paddle a canoe to Twin Falls
- Yellow Waters Wildlife Cruise
- View Aboriginal Art Sites
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Breakfast and dinner
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum of 3 passengers per room. If you are traveling with a party of 4 travelers or more, you must make 2 separate bookings
- If any passenger requires special assistance, due to their disabilities or conditions, the operator requests that suitable written notice be given to allow for appropriate planning. Requests for disabled rooms will be passed on to hotels, but cannot be guaranteed
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Important: An excellent level of fitness and hiking boots are required for this tour.
- Should seasonal conditions not permit a visit to Jim Jim Falls or Twin Falls, it will be replaced with alternative touring
- Minimum age is 8 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.