The Arkansas River offers many sections of thrilling whitewater which attract river enthusiasts from all over the world and is the most popular rafting river in America.
The most popular of all the Arkansas' sections is Browns Canyon. On this half days adventure, enjoy 10 miles of whitewater rafting in this beautiful boulder-strewn canyon.
Exciting rapids like Pinball, Zoom-Flume, Big Drop, Seven Stairs and Widow-maker punctuate the canyon.
Wildlife is abundant in the Rockies! Bighorn sheep, eagles, deer, beaver, and coyotes can often be seen during your river trip.
This tour is seasonal and only operates from May to September.
Half Day Rafting - Browns Canyon
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Near Buena Vista on the Arkansas River. Driving directions will be included on your trip voucher.
- 8:30am or 1:00pm - please arrive approximately 30-45 minutes prior to departure time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 8:30am
Departs at 1pm
Half Day Rafting - Browns Canyon
- Continental breakfast (if morning departure selected)
- Professional guide to captain the boat
- Use of rafting equipment
- Round trip transportation to / from the river
- Complimentary drinks and snacks
- Land and Water Access Fee (9%)
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional rental equipment (wetsuit, wetsuit booties, splash jacket)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Breakfast is available 7:30am to 10:00am.
- Before every trip in-depth participant safety orientation and paddle instructions are conducted. First time rafters regularly participate on most of the trips.
- Top of the line self-bailing rafts are used which are virtually indestructible. All rafts are equipped with grab lines and foot-stirrups for your safety
- Colorado Whitewater Photography takes photos of every raft. 8x10 prints are normally available to view and purchase upon conclusion of the trip.
- Alcohol is not permitted while on the river. Guests who have been drinking will not go on the river and will not receive a refund.
- Each raft will carry a waterproof bag for your rain gear and extra items you may need during the day. Waterproof ammo cans are also available for your camera, however, we recommend you purchase a waterproof camera.
- Please note, prior to departure, all travelers will be required to sign a liability release.
- Minimum age is 7 years
What is Provided:
- Highly trained professional guide to captain the boat
- All rafting equipment including coast guard approved lifejackets
- Each boat carries accessible drinking water, rain ponchos, wool sweaters and waterproof storage for personal items
The Arkansas River in central Colorado begins in the high mountains of the Mosquito and Sawatch Ranges near Leadville. It winds its way south and east through the mountains and eventually onto the Great Plains. There, the river meanders across Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas before becoming the Mississippi River's second largest tributary.
River rafting is the biggest single attraction, and with good reason. The Arkansas River boasts the most and, mile-for-mile, the best whitewater in Colorado. Among the many raftable sections of the river, Browns Canyon is the most popular. The river leaves the broad valley here and plunges into a beautiful, boulder-strewn chasm. The rapids are of the pool-drop variety, each rapid is followed by a pool where boaters can regain their composure before plunging into the next one. The rapids have names like Zoom-Flume, Big Drop, and Widowmaker, to name a few. These class III-IV rapids, combined with outstanding scenery, make a float trip through the canyon an unforgettable experience.
While you are visiting the Arkansas Valley, relax and enjoy the mild climate. The high mountains to the west capture most of the moisture, leaving the valley sunny and dry. There is only an average of 9.8 inches of precipitation per year - compared to 15.5 inches for Denver.
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 11 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 10 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.