Best Wine Tasting Bike Tour departing Vienna
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Renowned for its quality wines, stunning villages and breathtaking scenery, the Wachau Valley is the perfect place to enjoy a day away from the city. You’ll arrive in the Wachau Valley from Vienna by train, and then hop on your bike (rental included) to explore with your guide. Enjoy the freedom and fresh air of biking in the scenic countryside, with magnificent vineyards on both sides of the Danube River.
Sample Austrian wines at small, family-run wineries and pedal along the river. Visit six stunning villages, all of which offer lots of photo opportunities, before spending some free time swimming in the Danube or playing beach volleyball.
Learn why Austrian wine and schnapps are some of the best in the world and meander through the magnificent fortress ruins of Dürnstein (King Richard the Lionheart's prison).
When your time in the valley is up, take the train back to Vienna.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Wine Tasting Bike Tour departing Vienna
- Guided bike tour including bike rental
- Tastings at all wineries
- Schnapps and liquor tastings
- Chocolate, jam and chutney tastings
- Professional guide
- Helmet and rain poncho for the duration of the tour
- Transport by train to and from the Wachau Valley
- Gratuities (optional)
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Total cycling distance is approx. 16 miles (25 kilometers)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Routes may vary due to weather or other factors
- Lunch is available at one of the local wine taverns (approx. 9.50 euros payable directly). Vegetarian option is also provided
- Electric bikes are available for an extra fee of 19 euros (payable on the day), subject to availability
Reviewed by: Terri C, September 2015
This was a great trip! It was well run and really fun. Jose was a great guide really knowledgeable and friendly. We did this as a corporate team building event after a week long trade show. Great way to get some exercise, see some beautiful Austrian countryside and learn about the regional wine. Recommend!
Reviewed by: Ginger M, August 2015
Such an amazing tour!!! We had a great time and our guides, Ian and Jose were so patient and knowledgable. There are so many beautiful things to see on this tour that you could not see from a bus or walking tour. At the restaurant, I recommend the goulash or the turkey salad. Make sure to take a swim suit to take a dip in the Danuabe at the middle of the tour.