City Sightseeing York Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Admire top York attractions such as Exhibition Square and York Minster — home to a staggering collection of stained glass windows — and perhaps hop off at Clifford’s Tower to climb the monument and soak up the city views. Take a short stroll from Clifford’s Tower to visit Jorvik Viking Centre where more than 40,000 Viking-era artifacts await, or visit Monk Bar fortress and Merchant Adventurers’ Hall to see two of York’s medieval structures.
With your sightseeing ticket, you can remain on the bus for an entire loop (roughly one hour) while listening to the entertaining commentary, or you can hop on and off at any of the 18 stops around the city.
York Hop-On Hop-Off Stops:
- Exhibition Square (York Minster)
- Monk Bar
- Peasholme Green
- York Stonebow
- Merchant Adventurers’ Hall
- Clifford’s Tower (hop off here for a short walk to Jorvik Viking Centre)
- Margaret Street
- Walmgate Bar
- Barbican Centre entertainment venue
- Fishergate, Novotel York Centre
- Nunnery Lane, Victoria Bar
- Bishopthorpe Road
- Knavesmire Gate
- York Station
- York Memorial Gardens
- York Museum Gardens
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
York City Hop-on Hop-off
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Recorded commentary
- Live commentary on board (April - October only)
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Audio commentary available in English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Polish, and Mandarin; live English guide on select tours
Reviewed by: Huzefa m, August 2015
The tour is helpful for checking out the city quickly, specially if you have about 1.5 hours to spare in the city. Quickly takes you to places around the downtown York area. It was also USD 19, so it is cheaper to take this bus for a day pass instead of paying the same to a cab to go everywhere. Alternatively, one could walk the city, but this is a nice ride if you wanna take it easy and not walk.
Commentary is in english and it gives a decent idea about the layout and some basic history of the place.
Overall, I would say 'not bad' in British terms, but 'fabulous' in American terms...:
Reviewed by: John H J, July 2015