Dubrovnik Ancient City Walls Historical Walking Tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
In the 11th century, the sea channel separating the city from mainland was covered up with earth, so a single wall was built to enclose the present-day Old Town. The city walls have been restored several times in history to resemble their original appearance. With your guide, see Fort Revelin and Minceta Tower within the city walls (entrance fees not included), and learn the strategic position of these forts and their role in Dubrovnik's history. You will also see Fort Lovrijenac in the distance, the only fort that belongs to the city walls but it's physically separated from them, and which you may visit after the tour.
As you wander around Dubrovnik's ancient walls, your guide will explain the defensive and political challenges faced by Dubrovnik in the past. Hear stories of the rivalry and conquest Dubrovnik has faced and learn the secrets of how the country used defensive fortifications and diplomacy to remain an independent republic for several years, before ending your tour near the port.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 9:30am
Tour departs at 3:30pm
Tour departs at 5:30pm
Dubrovnik Ancient City Walls Historical Walking Tourr
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- City Walls entrance fee (approx. 12 euros)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities, those using a wheelchair or for infants in a stroller
- City Walls entrance fee applies to children over 5 years
Reviewed by: Vanessa C, August 2014
The tour was very good. I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend this tour to any traveler. The guide was very informative and charismatic so it made the tour both interesting and fun. My only complaint is that Viator's website doesn't indicate that there is an additional fee of 100 kuna (30 kuna for students with valid student card) to physically enter the walls. Lastly, be sure to do the 5pm tour to avoid many people and very hot weather.
Reviewed by: Peter S, July 2014
Excellent tour and very informative and interesting