Catacombs and Roman Countryside Half-Day Walking Tour
- Book and travel any time in 2015 and save 10% off our previously offered price!
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Appian Way Rome
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter the catacombs. Both shoulders and knees MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will be refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
Reviewed by: T Fisher f, June 2015
Highly recommended visit. Great visit of catacombs as well as as via appia and the viaduct in the Roman countryside. A welcome escape from the city. Lovely guide Inger gave a perfect overview with just the right amount of information about the history of the places. 3 hour visit was just right for a whistle stop tour.
Reviewed by: mira, June 2015
I was VERY IMPRESSED with our tour guide, Jeanette. She actually was the highlight of this tour. Honestly, it was cool to see the Catacombs and Roman Countryside, but she brought it to life. Honestly, the Catacombs have nothing to really look at except the empty areas where the bodies used to be buried. Jeanette brought the whole tour to life by relating life back then to life right now. She memorized everyone's names and got to know each one of us individually and then incorporated all of us into her stories. She was engaging to the tour group from the minute we started to the very end. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU HAVE JEANETTE AS YOUR TOUR GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!