Mount St Helens Volcano is a must-see attraction, and this small-group tour from Seattle is the ideal way to visit the national monument. A professional naturalist guide will take you to Mount St Helens National Volcanic Monument in a luxury Mercedes van. Visit the observatory, go on an educational trail walk, and learn about the Volcano's infamous 1980 eruption. During the tour, enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch accompanied with local Washington wines, in addition to light snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- All-inclusive tour
- Breakfast included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Small group ensures personal service
Tour one of Seattle's top attractions, the impressive Mount St Helens National Volcanic Monument, on this full-day small-group tour. Your tour begins with hotel pickup and a light breakfast including pastries and hot beverages. Stop to take photos along the way as your naturalist guide tells you about the infamous volcanic eruption of 1980, which destroyed nearly 230 square miles (370 km) of forest and covered eastern Washington in volcanic ash. Learn about the ongoing reforestation project and discover how well the ecosystem is recovering from the eruption.
Arrive at the blast zone, located 5 miles (8 km) from the crater at the Johnston Ridge Observatory, and take in magnificent views of the steaming volcano. Your guide will share the magic of the geological events surrounding the 1980 eruption through a variety of stories and facts. The observatory's state-of-the-art interpretive exhibits portray how the landscape transformed, and how the eruption opened up a new scientific era of monitoring active volcanos and forecasting eruptions. Take a short walk on the Eruption Trail with your expert guide and admire views of the lava dome, crater, pumice plain and landslide deposit.
In the afternoon, enjoy a gourmet picnic consisting of fresh local food and wine. Snacks and drinks will also be provided throughout the tour. See the Itinerary section below for a sample menu.
Mount St Helens
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Downtown Seattle hotels
- 7:30am on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Mount St Helens
- Full-day tour of Mount St Helens National Volcanic Monument
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Morning tea with pastries, full lunch, select snacks
- Transportation in a luxury Mercedes jeep or van
- Professional naturalist guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Itinerary:Gourmet Picnic Lunch:
- Organic and locally sourced
- Includes a meat (such as grilled salmon or chicken), a grain salad (such as quinoa with roasted vegetables) and a green salad. Sometimes sandwiches or wraps as served in lieu of the meat dish. Vegetarian option available.
- Local wine, Pellegrino water and sodas are included.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.