Delight in some real Swiss traditions on this full-day small-group tour from Zurich. Even those pressed for time will find this tour an ideal way to experience some scenic Swiss country-life. Visit a local cheese factory and taste some of the famous Swiss chocolate, drive through scenic landscapes and see historic villages and learn more about some unique political traditions of the Appenzell region in Eastern Switzerland. Even better, you'll travel in a personalized small group with a maximum of 16 people!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small-group tour by minibus
Your tour starts with a panoramic drive along beautiful Lake Zurich. At your first stop, a great shopping opportunity awaits you at the world-famous Lindt chocolate factory outlet shop - a must-do for chocoholics!
Afterwards, your tour continues to the picturesque region of Appenzell in Eastern Switzerland. On the way, you'll pass the town of Rapperswil, well known for its impressive medieval castle. You'll then stop in the village of Stein where you'll learn more about the traditional method of cheese-making at the local cheese factory.
You'll then drive to the picturesque village of Appenzell. Take a guided walk past decorative houses, before enjoying approximately two hours at your leisure. You may choose to visit the Appenzell Museum for a closer look at traditional Swiss customs or enjoy a local speciality at one of the cosy Appenzell restaurants. Alternatively, go for some souvenir shopping along Appenzell's pedestrian zone.
Before heading back to Zurich, your guide will take you to the historic town square, setting for one of the most unique political traditions in Switzerland. All local elections and parliamentary decisions are publicly debated here by show of hands.
Switzerland Countryside and Traditions Tour from Zurich bells concert
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Sihlquai Bus Terminal
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 7pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Switzerland Countryside and Traditions Tour from Zurich
- Professional guide
- Visit of cheese factory
- Walking tour of Appenzell
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for