Venice by night is a place of romance and mystery - and the ghosts of the past! This ghost walking tour takes you on a journey through the hidden Venice, and tells the tale of six intriguing ghost stories that will bring a chill to the night's air! In addition to hearing ghost stories and legends, you'll hear little-known facts about Venice and its history, and visit tucked-away backstreets well off the beaten track.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See the sights illuminated at night
Your adventure starts at the Rialto Bridge, from where you'll descend into the labyrinth of Venice, crossing sleeping canals and abandoned squares. In fact it will feel as if you have Venice to yourself, as the only sounds you'll hear will be the echoes of distant footsteps.
In between the ghost stories, you'll hear gruesome tales from Venice's past as you take a stroll along the narrow alleyway called the street of the Assassins, and learn of the murders that have taken place there. You'll also explore a secret passageway, one of the few surviving that were used by the inhabitants of palaces to flee from the authorities (subject to water levels).
The walking tour also highlights architectural gems and follies lost in the backstreets of Venice, including the delightful Bovolo staircase built for a wealthy Venetian at a time when many Venetians still traveled around the city on horseback. The elaborate spiral staircase enabled the wealthy nobleman to ride his horse up to his private apartments within his palace.
After following a winding route through Venice's labyrinth of backstreets, the tour finishes near the Rialto Bridge, where you'll enjoy a fine view of the main bridge over the Grand Canal.
Original Venice Ghost Walking Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Top center of the Rialto Bridge
- February 1 - March 5, 2013
March 6 - March 31, 2013
April 1 - May 5, 2013
May 6 - September 30, 2013
October 1 - November 9, 2013
November 10 - December 31, 2013
February 1 - March 12, 2014
March 13 - March 31, 2014
Return Details:Concludes in the vicinity of Rialto bridge
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Original Venice Ghost Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Skip the Line: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries Tour
Private Tour: Venice Gondola Ride with Serenade
Venice Departure Transfer: Central Venice to Cruise Port
Small-Group Tour: Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Water Taxi Ride
Private Tour: Venice Half-Day Walking Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for