First time in Venice? You'll see all the highlights of this magical city on this combined walking and boat tour. Plus, you'll skip the long lines at St. Mark's Basilica - don't waste time waiting in lines when you're on vacation!
- Skip the line
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free drinks included
Your comprehensive introduction to Venice begins with a two-hour walking tour highlighting all the important monuments, from San Marco Square to the Rialto Bridge. You'll learn the history behind the famous landmarks, including the basilica's Byzantine heritage and the adjoining prisons of the Doge's Palace. Plus, you'll visit the famed basilica of St. Mark's without having to stand in long queues!
Leaving the crowds behind, you'll enter a labyrinth of narrow passageways, alleys, canals and delicate bridges. Highlights include Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Marco Polo's House, an old merchant's warehouse and the most beautiful well-head in Venice, before finishing the tour near the Rialto Bridge.
Enjoy free time between your Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Boat Tour. Exact times will vary depending on the season, however most walking tours will conclude at approximately 1:10pm (except Sunday at 4:00pm), with the boat tours starting between 4:30pm and 5:30pm. Details of the exact meeting location and time for the Grand Canal Boat Tour will be given by your guide after the walking tour.
Next, enjoy a relaxing cruise along the Grand Canal of Venice. Along the way you will learn the history of the stunning palaces and churches that line the famous canal, as well as anecdotes about the famous people who have resided on Venice's most important 'street'. You'll also enjoy a fascinating tour of the minor canals of Venice.
St. Mark's Basilica is free of charge to enter and we guarantee that you'll skip any long lines as part of this tour. Venice is subject to flash floods and occasionally the Basilica is closed to the public (without notice) because of high water or festivities.
The Grand Canal of Venice
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour commences from the entrance to the Royal Gardens (Giardini ex Reali) near San Marco Square
- April 1 to October 27
11:10am Daily except Sunday
October 28 to November 10
11:10am Daily except Sunday
November 11 to December 31 & February 10 to March 10
11:10am Tuesday, Friday and Saturday
March 11 to March 31
11:10am Daily excluding Sundays
Concludes near the Rialto Bridge
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
St. Mark's Square, Venice
- Professional guide
- Skip the long lines at St. Marks Basilica
- Original Venice Walking Tour (2 hours)
- Grand Canal Boat Tour (60/70 minutes )
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup or drop off
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or with walking difficulties as passengers are required to step down onto the boat when boarding. The variation of the level of tides can make the vessel unstable
- Occasionally the Basilica will be closed to the public (without notice) because of festivities or high water
- It is possible to take the walking tour and boat tour separately (over a couple of days). Please specify the date for each tour at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Skip the Line: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries Tour
Private Tour: Venice Gondola Ride with Serenade
Venice Departure Transfer: Central Venice to Cruise Port
Small-Group Tour: Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Water Taxi Ride
Private Tour: Venice Half-Day Walking Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for