Private Tour: San Polo Walking Tour - Merchants, Courtesans and Painters
The second part of this tour allows you to admire the Gothic Frari church, which dwarfs the eastern section of San Polo. Built by Franciscans in around 1250, it is one of the city's largest places of worship. You will admire its striking interior, both for its sheer size and for the quality of its masterpieces ' the most famous being Titian's 'Assumption'.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
Departs at 3pm
- Professional guide
- Private walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee to the Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari church (3.50 euro)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Rucksacks and large bags are not allowed in some churches.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Reviewed by: James Y, Canada, July 2013
This was our introduction to Venice just two hours after we arrived. The immediate insight and the introduction to this area which is so full of character with its winding back streets, campos and canals to it's grand palaces along the Grand Canal was fascinating and entertaining. The personal insight from our excellent guide made this a memorable experience.
Reviewed by: Victoria P, October 2011
Our guide was terrific. Very knowledgeable and fun to talk with.