This enthralling private walking tour starts at Venice's commercial quarters near the Rialto Bridge and concentrates on the ancient area of San Polo. Here the bankers, brokers and merchants conducted their affairs by day, and the renowned courtesans by night! You'll also explore San Polo's number one highlight, the Frari Church, enjoying personalized attention on your private walking tour of Venice.
In a city where west met the east, exotic items like silk and oriental spices were traded along with copper and wood. Many of the courtesans lived in sumptuous apartments, and were accomplished musicians and brilliant conversationalists. They were even secretly used as spies for the state.
The second part of this tour allows you to admire the Gothic Frari church, which dwarfs the eastern section of San Polo. Built by Franciscans in around 1250, it is one of the city's largest places of worship. You will admire its striking interior, both for its sheer size and for the quality of its masterpieces ' the most famous being Titian's 'Assumption'.
Rialto Bridge, Venice
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Outside church of San Salvador - near Campo Bartolomeo and Rialto Bridge. The meeting point is easy to locate
Return Details:Concludes near the Rialto Bridge
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
Departs at 3pm
- Professional guide
- Private walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee to the Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari church (3.50 euro)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Rucksacks and large bags are not allowed in some churches.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Skip the Line: Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries Tour
Private Tour: Venice Half-Day Walking Tour
Venice Photography Walking Tour: A Day in Life of Venice
Private Tour: Murano, Burano and Torcello Half-Day Tour
Private Tour: Venice Rialto Market, San Polo and Frari Church Walking Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for