Jail and Sail: Half-Day Tour of San Francisco Bay
The tour package includes guaranteed Alcatraz tickets and entry on the award-winning audio tour of the prison, as well as a hearty appetizer buffet and complimentary drink on board the cruise.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Editor's Pick
While on the Island, take the time to explore the historic gardens and abundant wildlife, including Brandt’s cormorants, Canada geese and several species of songbirds. Ferries back to the mainland depart every half an hour, and the recommended visiting time to Alcatraz is 2.5 hours to 3 hours.
Upon your return to Pier 33, stroll for 0.6 miles (1km) along San Francisco's picturesque waterfront to reach bustling Fisherman's Wharf, the departure point for your sunset bay cruise. On this relaxed two-hour cruise you will enjoy spectacular sunset views and delicious appetizers to the sound of live guitar music. Informative commentary will be provided by the ship's captain as you cruise under both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge and uncover all the major sights of the bay. Enjoy views from the outer decks, or stay warm against the crisp sea-breezes inside the spacious interior decks.
Don't forget to bring a camera to capture the moment the sun sets behind the Golden Gate Bridge to cap a memorable afternoon and evening of 'Jail and Sail' in San Francisco!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Sunset cruise: Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Alcatraz Ferry at 12pm, 12:30pm or 1pm (Sept 3 - Oct 20) or 1:05pm (Oct 21 - Nov 3); and 6pm Sunset Cruise. Alcatraz ferry time will be confirmed upon ticket collection
Alcatraz Ferry at 1pm (Mar 10 - 31) or 1:05pm (Nov 4 - Mar 9); and 5:30pm Twilight Cruise
- Return ferry and admission to Alcatraz Island (a $30 per adult, $18.25 per child value)
- Audio Tour of Alcatraz prison
- San Francisco Bay sunset cruise including light appetizers and one drink ticket per person (wine, beer, soda)
- All taxes, fees and gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport from Pier 33 (Alcatraz departure point) to Pier 43 for sunset cruise
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 60 days of travel between March 1 and September 30. During this high-demand period, confirmation will be received within 10 business days of booking, subject to availability
- Photo ID is required for collection of Alcatraz tickets
- Sunset cruise boat features multiple decks for viewings, cash bar for additional beverages and restrooms. Cruise boat is motorized and is not a sailing vessel
Reviewed by: Brian K, October 2014
Alcatraz was just an amazing place to see so of course that part of the tour I expected to be good. I was happily surprised at how wonderful the night cruise was- the boat was comfortable and the"appetizers" we're a full meal and we're just excellent! Going under the Golden Gate Bridge at night is an experience that shouldn't be missed!!
Reviewed by: Mary J, October 2014
Great tour, Alcatraz was very good with audio tour included. Sunset cruise great way to see the bay and the bridges at night. Would highly recommend.