Jail and Sail: Alcatraz Tour and Sunset Bay Cruise
The tour package includes guaranteed Alcatraz tickets and entry on the award-winning audio tour of the prison, as well as a hearty appetizer buffet and complimentary drink on board the cruise.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Editor's Pick
While on the Island, take the time to explore the historic gardens and abundant wildlife, including Brandt’s cormorants, Canada geese and several species of songbirds. Ferries back to the mainland depart every half an hour, and the recommended visiting time to Alcatraz is 2.5 hours to 3 hours.
Upon your return to Pier 33, stroll for 0.6 miles (1km) along San Francisco's picturesque waterfront to reach bustling Fisherman's Wharf, the departure point for your sunset bay cruise. On this relaxed two-hour cruise you will enjoy spectacular sunset views and delicious appetizers to the sound of live guitar music. Informative commentary will be provided by the ship's captain as you cruise under both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge and uncover all the major sights of the bay. Enjoy views from the outer decks, or stay warm against the crisp sea-breezes inside the spacious interior decks.
Don't forget to bring a camera to capture the moment the sun sets behind the Golden Gate Bridge to cap a memorable afternoon and evening of 'Jail and Sail' in San Francisco!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Twilight cruise: Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Alcatraz Ferry at 1pm (Mar 10-31) or 1:05pm (Nov 4-Mar 9); and 5:30pm Twilight Cruise. Please note: Alcatraz Ferry at 12:30pm on Dec 4-6, 12-13, & 19; at 11:30am on Dec 20-21; at 10am on Dec 22
USD $96.00Pricing details
- Round-trip ferry and admission to Alcatraz Island ($30 value; starting Oct 1, 2015, ticket will increase to US$31)
- Audio tour of Alcatraz prison
- San Francisco Bay twilight cruise with light appetizers and one drink ticket per person (wine, beer, soda)
- All taxes, fees and gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport from Pier 33 (Alcatraz departure point) to Pier 43 1/2 for cruise
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Photo ID is required for collection of Alcatraz tickets
- Twilight cruise boat features multiple decks for viewings, cash bar for additional beverages and restrooms. Cruise boat is motorized and is not a sailing vessel
Reviewed by: Brian M, November 2015
Reviewed by: Kevin R, November 2015
Had an amazing time. Fog came in but added to the ambience