Jail and Sail: Alcatraz Tour and Sunset Bay Cruise
The tour package includes guaranteed Alcatraz tickets and entry on the award-winning audio tour of the prison, as well as a hearty appetizer buffet and complimentary drink on board the cruise.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Editor's Pick
While on the Island, take the time to explore the historic gardens and abundant wildlife, including Brandt’s cormorants, Canada geese and several species of songbirds. Ferries back to the mainland depart every half an hour, and the recommended visiting time to Alcatraz is 2.5 hours to 3 hours.
Upon your return to Pier 33, stroll for 0.6 miles (1km) along San Francisco's picturesque waterfront to reach bustling Fisherman's Wharf, the departure point for your sunset bay cruise. On this relaxed two-hour cruise you will enjoy spectacular sunset views and delicious appetizers to the sound of live guitar music. Informative commentary will be provided by the ship's captain as you cruise under both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge and uncover all the major sights of the bay. Enjoy views from the outer decks, or stay warm against the crisp sea-breezes inside the spacious interior decks.
Don't forget to bring a camera to capture the moment the sun sets behind the Golden Gate Bridge to cap a memorable afternoon and evening of 'Jail and Sail' in San Francisco!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Twilight cruise: Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Alcatraz Ferry at 12pm, 12:30pm or 1pm (Sept 3 - Oct 20) or 1:05pm (Oct 21 - Nov 3); and 6pm Sunset Cruise. Alcatraz ferry time will be confirmed upon ticket collection
USD $96.00Pricing details
- Return ferry and admission to Alcatraz Island ($30 value; starting Oct 1, 2015 ticket will increase to US$31)
- Audio Tour of Alcatraz prison
- San Francisco Bay Twilight Cruise includes light appetizers and one drink ticket per person (wine, beer, soda)
- All taxes, fees and gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport from Pier 33 (Alcatraz departure point) to Pier 43 1/2 for Twilight Cruise
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Photo ID is required for collection of Alcatraz tickets
- Twilight cruise boat features multiple decks for viewings, cash bar for additional beverages and restrooms. Cruise boat is motorized and is not a sailing vessel
Reviewed by: Ruth H, August 2015
We were glad to of booked with viator before we left home as no tickets for Alcatraz were available for at least 3 weeks!
We had no tour guide but the explanation for picking up tickets was clear and worked out well. The timed ferry worked out and is only a short journey, we had the audio tour which is really good and has people who were their explaining facts and what life was like.
The cruise was good and the Buffett was a lot more than we expected with sandwiches, salad,fruit and cookies a good selection. You got to see some good views as well as the bridge passing by and going under.
Reviewed by: Rodney O, August 2015
Absolutely brilliant tour of Alcatraz so much history and the audio tour is so informative.
Sunset cruise of the Bay Area is stunning with the views of the Golden Gate Bridge phenomenal.
Would recommend these two tours as excellent , also the food on the sunset tour and bar facilities were A Grade.