While in Salzburg, don’t miss the opportunity to visit the enchanting Hohenwerfen Fortress on this half-day trip that includes a falconry show. With your guide, tour the 900-year-old medieval fortress, lying in the foothills of the Alps in the middle of a breathtaking natural setting. Uncover the long history of one of the most imposing fortresses in Central Europe, visit an interesting museum on falconry, and attend a unique ‘Birds of Prey’ falconry show!
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Built 900 years ago high on a hilltop, the castle has kept its impressive structure and offers fantastic views of the surrounding mountains. Take a guided tour of the castle and listen as your guide uncovers the secrets of the castle’s past. Learn how Hohenwerfen had different uses across the centuries, including a court, prison, fortress and chapel. It also served as the scene for the movie Where Eagles Dare, starring Clint Eastwood.
After a guided tour of the castle, enjoy some free time for a coffee in one of the restaurants inside the fortress. Your visit continues with a visit of the museum inside the fortress. Explore Austria’s very first museum of falconry, an interactive exhibition of 700 years of melee weapons and firearms. Then, visit the falconry trail, where you'll learn everything about falcons. At the end of the day, enjoy a fantastic and unique falcon falcon flight demonstration by various birds of prey show before coming back to Salzburg with your guide.
Falconry Show at Hohenwerfen Fortress
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Salzburg city hotels and selected old town hotels. If hotel details not advised at time of booking, tour departs from the bus terminal at Mirabellplatz (in front of St. Andrew's Church)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Tour concludes at Mirabellplatz (bus terminal) at approximately 6pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Transport by comfortable air-conditioned bus coach
- Hotel drop-off
- Entrance fee to the Hohenwerfen Fortress (approx. 12.50 euros per adult and 8.00 euros per child)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking shoes are essential
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for