Journey deep into the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mt Aspiring National Park on this wilderness adventure from Queenstown. On this 6-hour tour, combine the thrill of an exhilarating jet-boat ride down the Dart River with a guided forest walk and a back-country 4WD safari. Surrounded by awe-inspiring peaks and mysterious hidden valleys, this is an area of exceptional natural beauty. Your expert guide will bring to life the variety of landscapes, vegetation and wildlife within this unique area, as well as captivating stories of the original Maori people and the region’s early pioneers.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
After hotel pickup in Queenstown, travel to the township of Glenorchy, located on the edge of UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mt Aspiring National Park. This 28-mile (45-km) journey will show you some of New Zealand's most spectacular scenery – the region is so beautiful it has been used as the setting for many feature films including The Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Your guide will point out some of these locations along the way.
From Glenorchy, embark on a jet-boat ride down the Dart River. Enjoy thrilling jet spins as you navigate the ever-changing shallow channels of this glacier-fed, braided river system, and listen as your expert boat driver highlight points of interest that give this area its unique natural and cultural importance.
Next, discover the surrounding vegetation and spot wildlife on a leisurely walk through an ancient forest with your naturalist guide, who will share intimate knowledge of the area.
Then, travel along a back-country route aboard a 4WD vehicle and enjoy a fun off-road adventure! Learn more about this fascinating area and stop to view some of New Zealand’s most epic scenery.
After your wilderness adventure, enjoy a relaxing drive back to Queenstown.
Dart River jet boat
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Queenstown hotels or the Queenstown Information Center, corner of Camp and Shotover streets
- 7:40am or 11:40am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs from Queenstown at 7:40am. Hotel pickups commence up to 30 minutes prior to this time.
Tour departs Queenstown at 11:40am. Hotel pickups comments up to 30 minutes prior to this time.
Dart River Safari
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Dart River jet-boat ride
- Guided wilderness walk
- 4WD back-country tour
- Naturalist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum child height of 3’3.5’’(1 meter) applies irrespective of child’s age
- Life jackets are mandatory and supplied along with optional spray jackets
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable, supportive close-toed shoes
- Guided walk requires moderate fitness. The walking track is mostly well-formed; some sections may be steep, rough or muddy
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Full-Day Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park Tour including Milford Sound Cruise and BBQ Lunch from Queenstown
Milford Sound Full-Day Tour from Queenstown
Walter Peak High Country Farm Tour and Cruise from Queenstown
Queenstown Airport Arrival Transfer - To Hotels
Queenstown Triple Challenge (Jet Boat Ride, Helicopter and White Water Rafting)
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for