Your tour starts from Westminster Abbey, perhaps the most beautiful early Gothic building in Great Britain and still used for daily worship and royal functions. The Abbey, a royal mausoleum for many centuries, was used from 1066 after the coronation of William I to crown all kings and queens of England, except two. Rebuilt in 1220 in the then new Gothic style, inside is the Henry VII Chapel (1503-19) is one of the most beautiful examples of the perpendicular Gothic.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by an art historian
- All entrance fees included
Walk down Whitehall towards the Banqueting House. This was built in 1619-22 by Inigo Jones for James I Stuart in Palladian style. His son Charles 1st continued this richly decorated Royal Palace, an extravaganza largely used for masques, plays, balls and other ceremonies for the Queen and King. Enter Trafalgar Square, then cross to the National Gallery. With Nelson's Column in the center, you can see through the
Admiralty Arch, the Mall which leads to Buckingham Palace. The National Gallery opened in 1838 to house one of Europe's greatest collections of Old Master's paintings. Italian Renaissance, Flemish, Dutch, Spanish, French, English and German works from their great artists are displayed. View art works by Jan Van Eyck's famous "Arnolfini Wedding", Piero della Francesca's magnificent "The Baptism of Christ", Botticelli's sensuous "Mars and Venus", Leonardo's "Virgin of the Rocks", Ruben's breathtaking "Chapeaux de Paille", Rembrandt's moving last self portrait and the great French Impressionists collection with Renoir, Monet, Pissarro and Cezanne.
This in-depth private tour is hosted by a professional guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at time of booking to alert our guide, so that he or she can better prepare for your private tour.
The National Gallery, London
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Westminster Abbey
Return Details:Concludes at Trafalgar Square
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 10am
Departs at 2pm
Westminster Abbey, London
- Entrance fees
- Walking tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that Westminster Abbey is closed on Sundays in which case the tour will be varied
- Note, we always try to provide local contact details too - if we have this information - it will be available on the booking form.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Private Viewing of Stonehenge including Bath and Lacock
London Rock Music Tour
Wicked the Musical Theater Show
Skip the Line: Hampton Court Palace Tickets
Private Tour: Black Taxi Tour of London
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for