Succumb to the spectacular sight of Pamukkale - a unique natural wonder with dazzling white petrified lime cascades. At the ancient city of Hierapolis explore its Theater, a 2nd century AD building in Roman style. You'll also see the exceptional Necropolis, the largest ancient cemetery in Anatolia.
In the morning you will leave Izmir behind and drive to Pamukkale. This amazing place is a beautiful and spectacular natural site, unique in the world with its fairylike, dazzling white, petrified lime cascades. There you will see the thermal spring water laden with calcareous salt, plunging down the mountain side which has created this natural formation of stalactites, cataracts and basins. The thermal water has been used since the Roman period for its therapeutic powers.
Next you will visit the Roman city of Hierapolis, which is not located not on earth or rock, but on solid limestone layers formed by limestone water that flowed for centuries over this raised level plateau. The name means "sacred city", and according to Stephanus of Byzantium the city was given this name because of the large number of temples it contained.
While here you will visit the Apollo Temple competing with Delphi, Monumental Nympheum (a 4th century Basicala) and the Theatre. After visiting the best preserved Necropolis, return to Izmir.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Centrally located Izmir hotels
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 7:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
- Ephesus and St. Mary's House Day Trip from Izmir
- Pamukkale and Hierapolis
- Izmir Shore Excursion: Day Trip to Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary
- Izmir Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus, House of Virgin Mary and Temple of Artemis
- Izmir Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary
Izmir Shore Excursion: Day Trip to Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary
Izmir Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary
Izmir Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus, House of Virgin Mary and Temple of Artemis
Izmir Airport Private Arrival Transfer
Ephesus and St. Mary's House Day Trip from Izmir
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for