Tour the Scottish Highlands on a day trip from Edinburgh, then watch the world-famous Edinburgh Military Tattoo at night. Capturing the essence of Scotland in one day, enjoy the perfect combination of Highlands countryside and villages, whisky tasting and guaranteed tickets to the Military Tattoo.
Leaving Edinburgh, your Highlands day trip takes you to the city of Stirling, where you'll see the historical Wallace Monument and Stirling Castle -- one of the largest castles in Scotland. Heading further through the scenic Trossachs National Park, hear tales of Rob Roy and enjoy impressive views of the untouched nature.
Then journey along tranquil Loch Earn into the beautiful Highlands region of Perthshire, where you have the option to learn about Scottish whiskey making on a local whisky distillery tour (additional cost). Next, explore the peaceful Hermitage pleasure grounds and take a short woodland walk to spectacular waterfalls, Ossian’s Cave and the River Braan.
Returning to Edinburgh at approximately 5:30pm, past the medieval Cathedral of Dunkeld and the magnificent Forth Bridges, you'll have plenty of time to relax and enjoy dinner before making your own way to Edinburgh Castle for the evening’s special entertainment: the legendary Military Tattoo.
Set on the floodlit esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, performers from around the world are set to provide an evening of entertainment at the 2013 Tattoo. The action-packed programme features exciting contributions from the likes of the Band of the Royal Regiment of Scotland, as well as various international performances including music from a Dutch Mounted Bicycle Band. On a Saturday, the Edinburgh Tattoo is followed by a spectacular fireworks display over the city.
Edinburgh Military Tattoo
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Royal Mile, Edinburgh
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo ticket
- Admission to whisky distillery
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Castlehill, where performances of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo take place, is reached via a short walk on an old cobbled street of some 80 meters and on a steep incline. Some people may find this difficult. There is a further 60 meters after this followed by a dozen or so steps to be negotiated before reaching the seated area, which is steeply tiered.
- Minimum age is 5 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
3-Day Isle of Skye Small Group Tour from Edinburgh
West Highland Lochs and Castles Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
St Andrews and Fife Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
2-Day Loch Ness and Inverness Small Group Tour from Edinburgh
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for