Take a scenic drive down to the stunning Cape Point, part of the Table Mountain National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This half day tour is the easiest way to see some of the most spectacular scenery in South Africa, taking in the Chapmans Peak coastal road, Hout Bay Harbour, and the African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach.
Start your half day tour to the Cape Point by driving along the rugged Atlantic coastline with its towering mountains and white sandy beaches. Soon, you will arrive in Hout Bay, the historical harbour and fishing point, overlooked by the impressive Sentinal peak. From here, you will begin the spectacular coastal drive along the world-famous Chapmans Peak Road. This road hugs the near vertical mountain face between Hout Bay and Noordhoek.
Arriving at the Cape of Good Hope Nature reserve, where you will make your way down to Cape Point. This rocky outcrop was known as the Cape of Storms due to the number of vessels that where shipwrecked along the coastline. You will have the opportunity to walk to the old lighthouse at the Point.
Returning from Cape Point you will follow the coastal road along False Bay, through the historic navy base, Simons Town. You will then have the chance to stop and view the world famous African Penguin colony at Boulders beach (at own expense). Then pass through then popular holiday resort, of Muizenburg before return to the Cape Town City Centre.
Penguins on Boulders Beach
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Cape Town city hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 12:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Cape Point Sightseeing Tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Optional visit to penguin colony
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Toilets are available on coaches with a seating capacity of 28 to 44 passengers. There are no toilets on the 15 seater Sprinters and Minivans. Vehicle used will depend on passenger numbers on the day.
- On certain days, Chapmans Peak drive will be closed on these days the tour will travel via the Ou Kaapse Weg
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Cape Town City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Cape Point Sightseeing Tour
Cape Town Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
Cape Town Super Saver: Cape Point Highlights Tour plus Wine Tasting in Stellenbosch
Cape Town Airport Shared Departure Transfer
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for