While in Budapest, don't miss the unique opportunity to visit the city’s caves with this small-group caving tour. With expert instruction and technical equipment provided, this is a great introduction to the exhilarating sport of caving. Accompanied by your professional guide, you’ll crawl and climb across the multilevel Palvolgyi-Matyashegyi labyrinth system, most of whose chambers lie under the residential district of Budapest. With no more than 20 people on this small-group tour, you are sure to have a superlative and personal experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- All entrance fees included
Supervised by professional caving guides, this moderate 3.5-hour tour combines caving, climbing and crawling. Negotiating your way through Budapest’s subterranean cave system, you'll often have to climb walls and crawl through narrow passages, so be prepared for an adventure!
Caving in the Budapest caves does not require any special skills or prior experience – it’s a thrilling activity, suitable for guests of all abilities. Your guide will provide detailed instructions on the use of equipment (provided) and techniques for climbing.
After being fitted out with all your equipment, you will be ready for your caving experience across the 12-mile (20-km) multilevel Palvolgyi-Matyashegyi labyrinth system.
This tour is suitable for ages 13 and up to 50. Though you'll have to crawl, climb, scramble or creep many times during the tour, no caving experience is necessary.
Special Offer! - Book now and save 10% on the recommended retail price! - Book Now!
Small-Group Budapest Caving Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Central Budapest, next to Nyugati railway station
Return Details:Concludes at the Caves
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departure at 9:45am. May to September only
3:45pm Departure. All year on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only
Small-Group Budapest Caving Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Helmet and lamp
- Caving overall suit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Public transport tickets (please make sure you have a valid transport pass or 4 single tickets per person)
- Shoes (please bring tennis or cross trainer shoes)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years old and maximum is 50 years old
- Please bring tennis or cross trainer shoes for this tour, no flip flops, high heels or sandals are allowed to be worn on this tour
- Please bring a warm jumper or polar fleece
- Please note no previous experience in caving is needed for this tour, but you will have to climb and crawl through narrow passages for 2 hours
- Please note no alcohol can be consumed prior the tour
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for