Small-Group Budapest Caving Tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- All entrance fees included
Caving in the Budapest caves does not require any special skills or prior experience – it’s a thrilling activity, suitable for guests of all abilities. Your guide will provide detailed instructions on the use of equipment (provided) and techniques for climbing.
After being fitted out with all your equipment, you will be ready for your caving experience across the 12-mile (20-km) multilevel Palvolgyi-Matyashegyi labyrinth system.
This tour is suitable for ages 13 and up to 50. Though you'll have to crawl, climb, scramble or creep many times during the tour, no caving experience is necessary.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3:45pm Departure. All year on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only
Small-Group Budapest Caving Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Helmet and lamp
- Caving overall suit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Public transport tickets (please make sure you have a valid transport pass or 4 single tickets per person)
- Shoes (please bring tennis or cross trainer shoes)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years old and maximum is 50 years old
- Please bring tennis or cross trainer shoes for this tour, no flip flops, high heels or sandals are allowed to be worn on this tour
- Please bring a warm jumper or polar fleece
- Please note no previous experience in caving is needed for this tour, but you will have to climb and crawl through narrow passages for 2 hours
- Please note no alcohol can be consumed prior the tour
Reviewed by: miike2000, Australia, October 2014
We had the famous Laci as our guide and he was every bit as good as the reviews. The tour was the best value for money, we felt that we were in safe hands right from the beginning. The tour had just enough to push our limitations and there was enough expertise from our excellent guid Laci to ensure our safety and fun. The equipment was first class, the caves are still in relatively untouched condition but what makes the whole tour is the fun and informative communication from Laci. We were not only on a tour but an educational experience. He was also able to seperate the rowdy young backpackers from the people genuinely interested in the historical value of the tour. There was 22 who met at the meeting point and we were separated into 3 groups of 6 which was perfect, I wore sport shorts and a t-shirt under the overalls and glad I did, it got a bit hot and sweaty down there, I had a warm change of cloths in the lockers they provided. We were ready with our two bus tickets from the beginning but many had to go and get them which wasted a lot of our time. I took my hungarian gf and she was amazed at what herbicide had to offer. I took a small video camera and it worked a treat, I was able to easily put it Into the top overall pocket. Thanks again Laci.
Reviewed by: alicia.bozyk, October 2014
This tour was one of the highlights from my Budapest trip. They outfit you with a jumpsuit, helmet, and headlamp and you can leave your stuff in a locker while you're caving. Definitely recommend it!