Discover two of Flanders' special gems on a full day trip to Ghent and Bruges. No visit to Belgium is complete without a visit to these two beautiful cities, just a short drive from Brussels.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
After a one-hour drive through the scenic Belgium countryside you'll arrive in Ghent. Here you will visit the St. Bavo Cathedral, home of the world-famous "Mystic Lamb" painting (optional, closed on Sunday).
During your city tour of Ghent you will see important buildings from the Middle Ages, such as the Belfry, the St. Nicolas Church and the Castle of the Counts of Flanders.
Next, while driving through the Flemish countryside to Bruges, you can hear an audio history of Flanders, Ghent and Bruges via headphones. Upon arrival in Bruges, you'll visit the Lake of Love (Minnewater) and the Beguinage (convent). Take advantage of some free time to enjoy lunch (not included) before you start a walking tour to discover: Our Lady Church with a statue by Michelangelo, the Market Square with the Belfry, and the Town Hall Square (Burg) with the Chapel of the Holy Blood.
After the walking tour you can take an optional boat cruise along the canals. You will depart Bruges at approximately 6:30pm.
Ghent and Bruges Day Trip from Brussels
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Select Brussels city hotels or central departure point
- Departs at 9:00am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 7:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ghent and Bruges Day Trip
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Boat cruise (approx. 7.60 euros)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee St. Bavo Cathedral (approx. 4.00 euros)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Brussels Chocolate Walking Tour and Workshop
Brussels Beer Tasting Tour
Private Departure Transfer: Brussels, Bruges or Ghent Hotels to Brussels International Airport
Private Arrival Transfer: Brussels Gare du Midi Railway Station to Brussels, Bruges or Ghent Hotels
Brussels and Antwerp Day Trip from Amsterdam
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for