Berlin without Potsdam is like Paris without Versailles - leave Berlin without a trip to its royal residence, and you can't say you've seen Berlin! Begin with a train ride from Berlin to Potsdam and discover this fascinating city with a walking tour.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
Potsdam's fairy-tale landscapes look like a blessing from nature, but are the result of hundreds of years of human endeavour, in pursuit of paradise on earth. You will wander the mock-16th century palace of Cecilienhof, and see the lakeside Marble Palace with its Greek temple ruins, and the dreamlike castle of Babelsberg.
What are an idyllic Russian village, beautiful towers and churches from the Italian Renaissance, and an 18th century Dutch town doing here? But the cruel realities of 20th century history shattered this world in 1945; we explain how the old city palace was destroyed at the end of the war. See where an American president, a Soviet dictator and a British prime minister sealed the fate of Germany and Europe, ushering in the Cold War. Cross the "spy swap" bridge where Gary Powers was traded in 1962; find out where the KGB Prison was in the so-called Forbidden Town, and see the former Stasi Prison, run by the East German secret police.
The walking tour ends back in the 18th century. Finish in the enchanting surroundings of Sanssouci Park and Palace, created by Frederick the Great and named 'Without a Care!'.
Discover Potsdam Walking Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from outside Zoo Station. The meeting point is easy to locate and your guide will be waiting for you.
Return Details:Concludes at Sanssouci Palace approximately 3:30pm. From here you can choose to stay in Potsdam to continue an independent visit or return to Berlin by train with the tour guide. The train journey is approximately one hour.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Discover Potsdam Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Berlin city map with public transport and Berlin museums and nightlife tips!
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Berlin Transport ABC Zone Day Pass (approx 6.50 Euros) that is available from your guide on the day
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
My shopping cart
Items in my shopping cart: 0
Find things to do
Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Walking Tour
Discover Berlin Half-Day Walking Tour
Berlin Bike Tour
Berlin's Infamous Third Reich Sites Half-Day Walking Tour
Berlin Segway Tour
Why book ahead?
- Save time & moneyYou won't find it cheaper online or anywhere else!
- Don't be disappointedWhen you book ahead, you are guaranteed not to miss out on popular tours & activities.
- Travel with confidenceOur providers are hand-picked, safe and reliable, so you always get what you pay for